Dixon on Alcohol (1 Viewer)

Congratulations to Larry Dixon for the win today in the Bartone Brothers Top Alcohol Funny Car at the Cavalcade of Stars Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event at Norwalk, defeating Tony Bogolo in the final round.

The thought came to me, maybe we'll see a New York Paving TF car at a few races? That would be, as Tony Bartone would say, "Unbelievable!"

Hmmmm.... Bartone T/F car. Well, they have a sharp tuner & lotsa experience running AA/FD, so why not? Be interesting to see. Maybe 2 cars, with Tony in one & Larry in the other.

While the Bartone Bros. spend a lot on racing, I don't think they want to fund their own big show TF car let alone 2, or they would have done it long ago (IMO). They just had a new nostalgia FC built, in addition to their AA/FD, and of course the TAFC. But it wouldn't be nuts to see them maybe partner with Larry on a race or two with Larry's TF car. Either way, pretty cool that they teamed up to run the alky car and won first time out.

Its always fun to spend other peoples money, I flip houses for a living and everyone is always wanting to spend my money on projects. Add this and that, make this bigger...........

I didn't know Larry raced in TAD in 1993, so I did some research on his results.

Division 6 - Firebird - Qualified 8th and lost to Jay Payne in round 1.
Division 7 Sacramento - Qualified 15th and lost to Steve Faria in round 1.
Division 5 Brainerd - Qualified 6th and lost to Darryl Hitchman in round 1.
Champion Auto Stores Nationals - Qualified 12th and beat Doug Doucette in round 1 before losing to eventual winner Bill Barney in round 2.
Division 5 Topeka - Qualified 4th and beat Tim Baxter in round 1 before losing to eventual winner Tom Conway in the semis.
Division 5 Pueblo - Qualified 8th and lost to Denny Lucas in round 1.
Division 5 Bandimere - Qualified 8th and lost to Denny Lucas in round 1.

I don't think I missed anything but I might have.

I didn't know Larry raced in TAD in 1993, so I did some research on his results.

Division 6 - Firebird - Qualified 8th and lost to Jay Payne in round 1.
Division 7 Sacramento - Qualified 15th and lost to Steve Faria in round 1.
Division 5 Brainerd - Qualified 6th and lost to Darryl Hitchman in round 1.
Champion Auto Stores Nationals - Qualified 12th and beat Doug Doucette in round 1 before losing to eventual winner Bill Barney in round 2.
Division 5 Topeka - Qualified 4th and beat Tim Baxter in round 1 before losing to eventual winner Tom Conway in the semis.
Division 5 Pueblo - Qualified 8th and lost to Denny Lucas in round 1.
Division 5 Bandimere - Qualified 8th and lost to Denny Lucas in round 1.

I don't think I missed anything but I might have.

I believe he drove the Montana Express TAD for John Mitchell. At one time Dixon and Capps worked together on the TAD of Daryl Hitchman.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back