Dixon on Alcohol (1 Viewer)

Maybe Dixon will do a "Pat Austin" and win TA/FC and T/F at the same race. That would be cool.

Bartone needs a committed full time driver. Dixon might actually have fun in it if he were so inclined (if he is unable to find funding his own TF car) and if Bartone and Boggs agreed to it.

Gotcha, hadn't heard that yet. You running anything these days Bruce?

i sold off my entire pro mod operation including the trailer last spring and bought a dragster and tag along trailer that I can just go play with on weekends . but of coarse racers are never happy and I'm waiting on a shipping truck to show up with stuff to build a bigger motor so I may run some nhra top dragster stuff on occasion. thanks for asking.

I'm liking the TD class as well. Hate to say it, but it may be the Comp of the future. You run a blown motor?

I'm liking the TD class as well. Hate to say it, but it may be the Comp of the future. You run a blown motor?
nah. carburated on alcohol. not into all the maintenance like the old days of running blown combos. I got lazy last year just having to add fuel and hook up a battery charger between rounds . building a 632 cubic inch combo.

Top Dragster is a cool class to watch. I personally like the blower cars but every once in awhile a nitrous car will lay down a 6.20 something, & I love that. Interesting to see all the different combinations with roots blowers & Pro Chargers and all those. Ya know, it would be fun to see a heads up class run on that 6.00 index.......

Cliff, the only bad thing about a 6.00 index is that you'd instantly HAVE to have a 6.0 car, which may thin the ranks a bunch. At least now, while the quickest qualifiers are 6.0 cars, you can be a consistent 6.0-6.20-6.40 or whatever and have a shot to win. Sometimes the cost involved in turning a mid six second car into a 6 flat car is enough to park someone.

Cliff, the only bad thing about a 6.00 index is that you'd instantly HAVE to have a 6.0 car, which may thin the ranks a bunch. At least now, while the quickest qualifiers are 6.0 cars, you can be a consistent 6.0-6.20-6.40 or whatever and have a shot to win. Sometimes the cost involved in turning a mid six second car into a 6 flat car is enough to park someone.

Yeah that's true. Both T/D and Top Sportsmen are $$$ classes to run. You know what I think of sometimes is that I remember when Top Fuel was running 6.0 and that was so quick, and now these guys do it with a "mild" blown alky combo with a glide tranny. Technology.....

What's really cool about these classes, and makes me want to build one is this: true they are not cheap. But, if you build a car that is say, a 6.40 car, you need only to be consistent, rather than throwing parts and money at it to get to 6.0s. And I love the different motor combos, I only wish TD had more altereds competing. Might need to get one!

What's really cool about these classes, and makes me want to build one is this: true they are not cheap. But, if you build a car that is say, a 6.40 car, you need only to be consistent, rather than throwing parts and money at it to get to 6.0s. And I love the different motor combos, I only wish TD had more altereds competing. Might need to get one!

I'd love to build about a 145 inch wheelbase altered with some bad ass looking body flairs and wings and maybe a canopy .. run mid 6's!

Bruce, that would be killer! I'm a bit of a purist with altereds, meaning I prefer no more than 125in wb, but to compete seriously in TD you would need the longer wb. Like the Boggs Bros. car that ran at Indy around '90-91 in TAD.

TD is slowly getting quicker and quicker! 6.40 may not get you qualified soon in some divisions!

Here is the list from yesterday's Division 3 qualifying:
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=325127&Filter=100#indextop

Remember, this is a fast bracket race!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back