Larry Dixon 2 Seater (1 Viewer)

Interesting that Larry might only go 1/8 mile, but the thrill of going 250 plus in 3 seconds.... Wow! Plus the article said that racer in Australia has the same type of car, has run it the past year. So what would keep Dixon from running the entire 1000'?

Interesting that Larry might only go 1/8 mile, but the thrill of going 250 plus in 3 seconds.... Wow! Plus the article said that racer in Australia has the same type of car, has run it the past year. So what would keep Dixon from running the entire 1000'?

Common sense and legal reasons would keep him from running it past the 1/8 with a paying passenger. I wonder what kind of insurance he has for this.

I would pay 5G's for a full 1000 ft pass........
insurance pffft who needs that, I am sure there is an iron clad waiver you sign

I agree to die in the next 4 seconds
sign

This is a great idea. Champ Car used to do this for media day Grand Prix races. I can't see this happening at actual NHRA National races because NHRA would want a piece of the action first and foremost. Maybe rent the track on the Monday after?? Do like a Richard Petty Driving Experience 1/2 day thing?? There's definate money making potential with this, from casual fans - not just corporate potential sponsors. And they could offer different experience tiers, based on one's financial commitment. Full run, $10k plus you get to help service the car afterwards or something like that; and you get a souvineer fire suit, pro photos and video documentation and you have a private lunch with Larry. Half track run, $5k and no video or photos, no lunch but just a Tshirt. To do a burnout, stage, launch-and-lift then idle down track - $1000.
They could even take a myriad of technical measures to "tone down" the car and make it last more runs to save parts and costs. It doesn't need to be a state-of-the-art Top Fueler that could make a run for an NHRA title that could beat any pro driver out there......

Lots and lots of potential here.

Love ya Larry, but I might want to ride with someone else first....maybe Force :eek:

usp_nhra__gatornationals-qualifying_71600138.jpg

but after you walk away think about the story you could tell, you are at a party, no matter what story anyone tells you can pull out your phone and say I remember the day Larry and I made a pass and all he!! broke loose, then I was upside down at 300 mph.....................

I’d do it in a heartbeat but for 10 grand there better be a guarantee of a full pull. If it smokes at the hit I want a refund lol.

but after you walk away think about the story you could tell, you are at a party, no matter what story anyone tells you can pull out your phone and say I remember the day Larry and I made a pass and all he!! broke loose, then I was upside down at 300 mph.....................

Larry's no dummy....he put you in between him and the motor!

"HOW ARE YOU DOING BACK THERE.....OK?"

80.jpg
3c7e1a4da44b1e0fb580c44d498c718c--top-fuel-dragracing.jpg
doug_herbert.jpg
3_a_171015_nhra_torrence_wrecks.vresize.1200.630.high.0a.jpg

One of the Superbike teams has a two seater Superbike. They give press people rides at the big road racing events.

I don’t see him ever doing a full pull, honestly for 99% of passengers I would bet a burnout and a 330ft blast would do the job!

OK, I wanna know if passengers will wear a diaper under the firesuit. You know, just in case the excitment is, ah, a bit too much.... Your clothes and the firesuit will still be dry. :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back