Divisonal Race Get's Front Page Press!! (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
So, Today as I was on Road in FED EX LAND, I walked into the Timber's Hotel, @ 4411 Peoria Street. In the hotel, they have a Newspaper (vending Machine?) and in that machine was today's copy of the ROCKY MOUNTAIN NEWS!!! ON THE FRONT PAGE... TOP OF THE PAPER, WAS... (THIS WEEKENDS HOT THING TO DO...) "THUNDER ON THE MOUNTAIN".... NHRA DIVISIONAL RACES TO INVADE BANDIMERE SPEEDWAY THIS WEEKEND!! :eek:

Now, along with the headline, was a picture of John Forces Funny Car.... :eek:

OK, they may have gotten the wrong type of car here... but I thought the FRONT PAGE MARKETING WAS A GREAT THING FOR OUR SPORT!!!

So, Today as I was on Road in FED EX LAND, I walked into the Timber's Hotel, @ 4411 Peoria Street. In the hotel, they have a Newspaper (vending Machine?) and in that machine was today's copy of the ROCKY MOUNTAIN NEWS!!! ON THE FRONT PAGE... TOP OF THE PAPER, WAS... (THIS WEEKENDS HOT THING TO DO...) "THUNDER ON THE MOUNTAIN".... NHRA DIVISIONAL RACES TO INVADE BANDIMERE SPEEDWAY THIS WEEKEND!!

Now, along with the headline, was a picture of John Forces Funny Car.... :eek:

OK, they may have gotten the wrong type of car here... but I thought the FRONT PAGE MARKETING WAS A GREAT THING FOR OUR SPORT!!!

Damn Tim,
At least it has 4 wheels and go's fast...:)..... Givem Credit for getting the event right and drawing more racing attention!

...............let me ask you this, :confused:
1. Smallville USA newsroom/ PhotoFile.
2. Great draw for the racers and the track.......BUT........
3. What year was the FORCE car from? :eek:

Damn Tim,
At least it has 4 wheels and go's fast........ Givem Credit for getting the event right and drawing more racing attention!

...............let me ask you this, :confused:
1. Smallville USA newsroom/ PhotoFile.
2. Great draw for the racers and the track.......BUT........
3. What year was the FORCE car from?

This is how I see it Pete....

1. DENVER COLORADO.... Over Rocky Mountain News.. 1.3 Million possible readers.... and the pic was Force chutes out from last year's Mile Highs

2. Hopefully a good draw at the track...Gotta Prop the Bandimere Family here!! It's great to see the local Fish Wrap give the pub, my only possible issue is that if the "pub" works, and the people show up to see JOHN FORCE, and see Top Alcohol Funny Cars instead.... What kind of Impact?.... I hope none! I love the sport and spend HOURS up on the HILL watching Super Classes running...(True for me it's scouting reports and education) but, for the casual fan....? The good news is that they were very "OBVIOUS" about the "DIVISIONAL SERIES" mention, and in the article, talked about the 270 MPH Top Alcohol Cars..... (that will most likely run 250 up here, and NO INJECTED NITRO... ;-p to Joka!!!)

The people at the Rocky Mountain news do a great job supporting our sport. During the Mile High's they have at least 4 pages of Press from the races! (Including usually a photo of Local Guy Tim Charlet working on the starting line... and some Race car in the background..:rolleyes:) So, I'm just glad that we got some Pub!!!.. Just wish I was racing at that event!:(

3) The pic was from last year!

Timmah
Where were you for the FineLine race last week?:confused:

...at home counting my pennies... :(

It's tough finding an extra $300.00 per month in summer day care for the kids.. Headed to the races for a Fast 16/Super series race, is a distant 2nd right now... Thank GOD I'll get PAID to work the Mile Highs.. (although, Don't tell Graham.. I would have done it for free for years..), but TIMMAH NEEDS TO GET PAID!!:cool:

Timmah I'm headin up to the Mountain for the first time in 5 years next month, I hope your ready to party your ASS off!:eek:

Tim, I work at the airport right around the corner there from FEDEX. Be watching as the Mile Highs get closer; I know Mike Chambers pretty good from working the DU hockey games - he covers motorsports & hockey for the Denver Post.
I usually hound him every July about NHRA press coverage. He's very aware that's the only major auto racing event in this part of the country so he's usually pretty proactive.. and quite knowledgable.

With Joe coming up, are we going to have a mountain mater meeting?

Last edited:
Tim, I work at the airport right around the corner there from FEDEX. Be watching as the Mile Highs get closer; I know Mike Chambers pretty good from working the DU hockey games - he covers motorsports & hockey for the Denver Post.
I usually hound him every July about NHRA press coverage. He's very aware that's the only major auto racing event in this part of the country so he's usually pretty proactive.. and quite knowledgable.

With Joe coming up, are we going to have a mountain mater meeting?

With Jenn Jaramillo and Family Racing there too.. and Many other mater's coming... Oh and the Vegas Fuel thing... I'm thinking a Mater meeting can be arranged...Terry Nebraski and I will arrange the Vegas Fuel Mater Meeting w/ Bill for Saturday evening after the Last Pro Session... But, we have a few weeks to work on that!

Timmah!

Timmah

Here is a video link to the Denver Divisional. This on todays Denver Post web page. We had an electronics issue on Steve's car before first round of the Purifoy Chevrolet fast 16 and in the video we were putting the car back together but failed to have any electronics available during first round. Later in the video they were interviewing Steve's wife Vicky and she spoke about how the ladies like to drive too. I think they really like beating the guys. Fact is they are good.
Denver Post home page video

With Jenn Jaramillo and Family Racing there too.. and Many other mater's coming... Oh and the Vegas Fuel thing... I'm thinking a Mater meeting can be arranged...Terry Nebraski and I will arrange the Vegas Fuel Mater Meeting w/ Bill for Saturday evening after the Last Pro Session... But, we have a few weeks to work on that!

Timmah!
Yepper, that sounds like a plan! Looking forward to meeting you, Timmah, Chris, and Joe, and everyone else who will be there--I'm even workin on Suzie Q to see if we can get her to make the trip!

Timmah

Here is a video link to the Denver Divisional. This on todays Denver Post web page. We had an electronics issue on Steve's car before first round of the Purifoy Chevrolet fast 16 and in the video we were putting the car back together but failed to have any electronics available during first round. Later in the video they were interviewing Steve's wife Vicky and she spoke about how the ladies like to drive too. I think they really like beating the guys. Fact is they are good.

Denny,

Vicky was set on mean during TT's too.

I'll have to watch the video later, work computer is bogged down by the stuff that I'm actually supposed to be doing.

:)

Timmah

Denver Post home page video

And Vicky, Steve and You do a great service to us all Denny! You guys are what keep our sport growing locally. You guys, the Percivals, the Mustard Family, Tim Parker, Dave Slatton, John Steffen, and so many more, Keep bringing people into the stands at the night of fire, the THUNDER on the Mountain, and of course the Mile High Nationals!

When John Jr. Hired me to replace Gino Palozinni, on the starting line crew in 1996, I was AMAZED at his Charisma. I try each day to live my life the way John and his family do!

See ya guys in July! I look forward to meeting you on the starting line!

Timmah!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back