Distillery Tour (1 Viewer)

Makes for better bass playing on guitarhero. :D:p

The wax shots are interesting. Always been curious about that.

Have fun in Bardstown:D

d'kid
Gee,
Karl posting on a BOURBON thread....
Who'd a figured:rolleyes:

Being in Bardstown during the Bourbon Festival was outstanding! All the distillers setup booths around town or in the Old Talbot Tavern (open since 1792) and give away free samples. I had Four Roses Single Barrel, Four Roses Select, Buffalo Trace, Heaven Hill, Elijah Craig 12 year, Elijah Craig 18 year, Maker's Mark, Jim Beam, Booker's, Knob Creek and 1792.

There were more I could have had during the course of the week, but damn that's a lot of bourbon. Even with all the free samples, IMO, Woodford Reserve is still the top of the heap and Maker's Mark is not far behind ...

True True...

As much as I like WR and MM, I still have a soft spot for Booker's...:)

d'kid
Bourbon-r-Us

Thanks Chris

Did you check out that miniature distillery...

d'kid

You mean this one? I was lucky, they were cooking mash when I was there ... a very sweet smell. Also, Beam has the largest Rickhouses, they have 51 on site that hold 20,000 barrels each (WAY bigger than the ones at Maker's). For you math majors, that's over 1 million barrels, 52 million gallons and 250 million fifths. So there will be plenty of Beam for you to enjoy during Monday night chats for years to come Karl.

Chris,
In the Big white house where the tasting room is, They have a fully functioning miniature distillery... across the hall, that someone just donated about 20-30 years ago...

the thing is awesome

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back