Did Erica change her car number? (1 Viewer)

Jenn

Nitro Member
Seems to me her car number read 401K, rather than 430. Or is 401K a company that's sponsoring her? Or is 401K in regards to the stock in her company? Anybody know?

think she has Brogdens car now and she didnt qualify,get the old car back out.

Supposedly, it's a new Jerry Haas car. I think the number change has something to do with dad's investment. No sponsor on the "new" car.

Nope, Roger got the car at the beginning of the year that was going to be Erica's... this one is a 'just built'...

i thought it was a brand new car- and numbers can be changed i guess, john force is running # 4 . keep your head up erica and team EE.! you guys are awesome!

Pro Stock is such a tight class...made nearly impossible when racers get to one-lane race tracks! How many times has this happened this year? Everyone knows the class is seperated by hundreths of a second, but when you give the class one good lane to qualify on, it makes it a one shot attempt at qualifying.

Come on NHRA...get your _ _ _ _ together!!!!!!

John,

Get your facts straight...Erica's car had similar problems in both lanes Saturday. Both lanes were fine on Saturday, when the fields were set in two competitive sessions, and on Sunday, when lane choice really didn't make any difference.

John,

Get your facts straight...Erica's car had similar problems in both lanes Saturday. Both lanes were fine on Saturday, when the fields were set in two competitive sessions, and on Sunday, when lane choice really didn't make any difference.

First of all, I wasn't referencing Erica in particular, but the entire Pro Stock class. According to what happened Saturday, the majority of the qualifying passes came in the preferred left lane, and most importantly, 7 out of 8 first round winners in Pro Stock came in the left lane. The only winner in the right lane came from Steven's red light. It was clearly a one-lane race track...the numbers prove that. Every car with lane choice took the left lane.

It's a shame NHRA can't provide two equal lanes at these events.

Kurt Johnson had lane choice in the second round and lost to a faster Dave Connolly who was in the right lane. Dave Connolly had lane choice in the third round and took the right lane but lost to a faster Jason Line. Other than that all of the faster cars that had lane choice took the left lane and won from that lane. I wasn't there but its hard to claim it was a one lane race track when the faster cars for the most part all take the same lane and beat slower cars in the other lane. Was the right lane slower than the left on Sunday? I don't think there is enough proof one way or the other but most of the guys with lane choice liked the left lane better. Obviously Greg Anderson had the fastest car there, had he made any runs in the right lane that would had told us something but he started off in the left lane and stayed there all day.

And the reason Connolly took the right lane in the semifinals is because he ran so well there in the previous round - and he beat Jason in the right lane with a great light and a run good enough to hold Line off on the top end. No telling what would have happened in the final if he'd been green.

The better car in qualifying and in the prior round of eliminations typically wins more often, it's not necessarily evidence that the other lane is "bad."

The first seven of ten drivers in the right lane in the final qualifying session made their best run of qualifying in that lane, improving over their earlier run Saturday in the "better" left lane. Greg Anderson had two bad runs in the right lane in qualifying and according to him, neither was caused by the condition of the lane. He said he had mechanical problems on both busted runs.

The better car in qualifying and in the prior round of eliminations typically wins more often, it's not necessarily evidence that the other lane is "bad."

I was simply going by first round winners and what Mike Dunn referred to as a 'one-lane' race track. He specifically noted all the right lane competitors that experienced tire shake and aborted runs in the first round of Pro Stock.

Based on the first round results it was absolutley a one lane track.

Tire shake is usually a sign that they underestimated the race track and put too little clutch in it. I only saw one aborted run and one clear case of tire shake.

Looking at the 60-foot and 330-foot times for all eight pairs in the first round, only one shows an off-pace 60-foot time (Hammonds) and only one (Naylor) other shows an off-pace 330-foot time indicative of shake. Tire shake usually kills the early ET, but the differences between the two lanes were on the order of a hundredth of a second or less for seven of the eight pairs at 60 feet and the 330-foot differences were two to three hundredths. The right lane had the better 60-foot time in two of the seven pairs (Johnson-Humphries and Anderson-Naylor). Hammonds' problem wasn't the lane.

Mike Dunn may think that seven winners in the first round makes it a one-lane race track, but the later rounds do not support that conclusion. In four pairs in the second round, the two lanes were 0.004 seconds different (right lane quicker), 0.004 seconds different (left lane quicker), 0.013 seconds different (left lane quicker, Jason Line) and GA was much quicker than Hammonds on a red light. Round 3 - left lane 0.035 quicker, but losing on a holeshot, and left lane 0.014 quicker, winning on a red light.

What happened in the first round is that the higher-qualified cars chose the left lane and didn't screw up - except for Stevens. The Topeka track has a good starting line and smooth lanes, so the better running car will generally win unless the driver makes a mistake.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah, and three of the seven first-round winners also had the better reaction time. That helps, especially if you also have the quicker car.

Kurt Johnson had lane choice in the second round and lost to a faster Dave Connolly who was in the right lane. Dave Connolly had lane choice in the third round and took the right lane but lost to a faster Jason Line. Other than that all of the faster cars that had lane choice took the left lane and won from that lane. I wasn't there but its hard to claim it was a one lane race track when the faster cars for the most part all take the same lane and beat slower cars in the other lane. Was the right lane slower than the left on Sunday? I don't think there is enough proof one way or the other but most of the guys with lane choice liked the left lane better. Obviously Greg Anderson had the fastest car there, had he made any runs in the right lane that would had told us something but he started off in the left lane and stayed there all day.

Gregg, I know you know this if you follow drag racing, but for those that aren't tuned in, the "faster" car does not necessarily mean the "quicker" car. MPH means nothing if you are late at the tree and even if you aren't late, with a quicker 60 ft. time and 330 ft. time, you can beat a much faster car with a lower (ie: quicker) ET. That's what drag racing is all about, getting to the finish line first.

Gregg, I know you know this if you follow drag racing, but for those that aren't tuned in, the "faster" car does not necessarily mean the "quicker" car. MPH means nothing if you are late at the tree and even if you aren't late, with a quicker 60 ft. time and 330 ft. time, you can beat a much faster car with a lower (ie: quicker) ET. That's what drag racing is all about, getting to the finish line first.

You are correct. Forgive me for using the word "faster" as a generic term to describe the car that was first to the finish line. The point I was trying to make was that there was not conclusive evidence of a one lane race track on Sunday. Racers that win in a lane tend to want to stay in that lane. Everyone watches the first couple of pairs of cars run and if they win from the same lane everyone with lane choice tends to "follow the leader" so to speak and go the same way.

Did anyone answer the original question? BTW, her Dad's (Greg) car number when he was running S/G was also 401K.

Van Williams
S/C 4520 T/D

C'mon Larry. All that techno talk just gets in the way of a good story. I hate it when facts are thrown in a perfectly good internet discussion.
:rolleyes:

I don't know but DragRaceCentral.com had her as

21 430 Erica Enders, Houston TX, '07 Stratus 6.803 203.65 203.65

On the final qualifying sheet

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back