Desert gives plenty to look forward to for Katie (1 Viewer)

Phoenix, AZ – The weekends 27th Annual NHRA Arizona Nationals at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix AZ was a great opportunity for the K&N Filters/Girls For A Change/Sullivan Racing Team to get out and get some more runs under their belt. Any time you can make four passes down the track and are able to learn from your experiences, most would call it a great weekend. “We didn't qualify, but I am not discouraged. We learned a ton, and got some great data going into Vegas. We had some great people helping us this weekend, especially my dad and Mark Savage. I really believe everything will come together soon.” Said Sullivan.

This weekend seat time was extremely valuable for Katie having never run a National Event at Firebird before. The teams second through fourth passes were all very consistent 7.308 (Round Two), 7.233 (Round Three), and 7.324 (Round Four). Katie’s best MPH run was Round Two when she topped out at 186.15 MPH. While the team didn’t make the cut of 16, a trip to the desert is logged in, and the data will be useful when Firebird rolls around again in 2012. Stay tuned!

With the season winding down, it’s all about building strong momentum heading into 2012. Katie and the crew will take the next few weeks to run the data from Vegas 2010, do some testing and be ready for The 11th Annual Big O Tires NHRA Nationals at The Strip in Vegas October 27-30, 2011. “Now we just take what we learned in Phoenix, and put it to work in Vegas, so bring on Vegas baby!” Pro Stock Motorcycle qualifying starts in the heat of the sun on Friday, October 28th, 2011 at 12:15PM. Temperatures are expected to be in the low eighties.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back