Another step in the right direction for sullivan racing (1 Viewer)

Las Vegas, NV. – Coming off their last outing at Phoenix, Katie and the K&N Filters/Girls For A Change Suzuki team were eager to continue their momentum heading into Sin City this past weekend. Every step in the right direction signals nothing but great signs ahead for the aspiring team, and success is definitely coming soon!

Friday kicked off qualifying at this weekends 11th Annual Big O Tires NHRA Nationals, and the team goal was to lay down and couple of great baseline runs. Their first run with adverse track conditions was a modest 7.28, certainly a solid run out of the gate. In the second round of qualifying a slight set back caused Katie to shut down early, leaving them heading into Saturday sitting outside the field and eager to improve on the 7.28. “Friday was a little frustrating for us, but we made some spectacular progress on Saturday.” Said Katie.

Saturday indeed started with a bang, as Katie threw down a 7.224 in round three of qualifying to improve on yesterday’s numbers. The momentum continued into round four where she threw down an even better 7.155 at 188.60 MPH. “The bike was running good, just needed to do a little fine tuning on my riding, which finally came around.” While a great improvement, the team unfortunately just missed the field, finishing just nine-tenths off the number sixteen qualifying spot. “We will do some testing this weekend at the Division 7 race in Vegas. “ Said Sullivan. “My dad and so many people have been working so hard to give me an amazing bike to ride.”

The team has some great momentum to build on, and valuable seat time gained. “ It’s good that I will be able to get some more seat time this weekend, and I couldn't be more stoked for Pomona.” Said Katie.

The team will attend the 47th Annual NHRA Automobile Club of Southern California NHRA Finals at Pomona November 10th-13th, 2011 at Auto Club Speedway in Pomona. The race will unfortunately finish out the season, there are plenty of great things to come for Sullivan Racing in 2012. Qualifying starts for Pro Stock Motorcycle on Friday afternoon and you can follow all the action at dragracecentral.com.

For more information about Katie Sullivan and the Sullivan Racing team visit her website at Kalifornia Katie Sullivan <http://www.kaliforniakatie.com/> . You can also follow Katie on facebook keyword Kalifornia Katie.

Attachments

• Katie_Phoenix1.jpg
    Katie_Phoenix1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 37
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back