Sullivan looking to tame the mountain at the Mile High Nationals (1 Viewer)

orning, CA - While the 2011 race season hasn't been filled with positive results on paper for the Sullivan Racing/K&N Filters Pro Stock Motorcycle Team, it has however been very productive. They know that each time they are able to show up and get their four runs means valuable seat time, and being able to grab additional data from different tracks will only help for years to come. Add to that, having qualified for Gainesville and setting personal ET and MPH records the team is definitely making strides in the right direction.

Coming off a successful launch to the 2011 NHRA Full Throttle Season, where the team ran its first of three ever 6-second passes, the learning curve seemed to advance in their favor. Unfortunately, they have been chasing that high since, hoping to find the same consistency. "It still gives me chills to think about Gainesville and not only running our first 6 second pass, but throwing 3 of them down." Said Katie. "We showed that we do have what it takes to be out there. We are still learning and we have so much farther to go." A couple of weeks later, that Gainesville high came back to reality in Baytown. All week long the team was fighting an electrical demon that eluded them and they eventually ran out of time trying to find it. "I definitely learned patience in Baytown. Struggling with an electrical issue is like finding a needle in a hay stack, and we just couldn't get it figured out in time," Said Sullivan. "Unfortunately it happens."

Since Baytown, which was the team’s last race, Katie has been real focused on getting her graphics company, Tough Girl Designs, off the ground. Being self-funded, with assistance from K&N Filters with race operations, any opportunity to work extra hard and put some money aside means more races they can attend. The team last tested at the West Coast Challenge Motorcycle Race in early June in Sacramento. "Testing went great," Said Katie. "We just wanted to make sure the bike was right after putting our Pro Stock motor back in. Unfortunately, we were unable to get out and do more Bracket racing, which I love, after I blew up my bracket motor in our first race of the year. So this was the first time we could get back out there, and the bike felt good."

This weekend the team travels to Morrison, CO for the 32nd Annual Mopar Mile-High Nationals at Bandimere Speedway. Last year, Katie qualified 15th and was in the show for the first time during the 2010 Western Swing. The altitude and race conditions are difficult due to the elevation, but the team does have data to pull from last year and can hopefully dial in the new Pro Stock Motor and compete this weekend. "I am so excited for Denver." Said Katie. "After my time off from the NHRA for a little while, I can't wait to get back and show everyone what this K&N Suzuki can do. I have struggled a little bit at Denver in the past, so I am ready to get back and show that track what we are made of."

Pro Stock Motorcycle qualifying begins Friday, July 22nd at 3:45PST (Q1), and continues through Saturday at 3:15pm PST (Q4). You can follow all the action at NHRA.com or at Drag Race Central at Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com 1-800-230-3030.

For more information about Katie Sullivan and the Sullivan Racing Team visit Kalifornia Katie Sullivan <http://kaliforniakatie.com/> . You can also follow Katie on Facebook, keyword “Kalifornia Katie”.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back