Katie Sullivan – 2011 Spring Nationals Preview (1 Viewer)

Baytown, TX – For the Sullivan Racing Team, it’s the little things that mean so much. Just to be able to be out racing and competing at a high-level requires a strong foundation of family, friends and the good Lord willing, a little assistance. With several family businesses in operation its tough to be able to take a week off and go racing for the Northern California based team. With some help from K&N Filters, the original team plan is to race more regionally at potentially 6-8 races in 2011. Running the entire Full Throttle Schedule is their goal, but they need to secure additional funding to do so.

After such a successful run at Gainesville, the team knew they had to get back out there right away and maybe, just maybe, capture the same magic and see if the K&N Filters/Girls For A Change Suzuki can repeat the same results. So when Charlie Sullivan finally made the decision that they were going, it was on. “We have bounced back and forth for two weeks straight debating on whether we would be able to make it or not. We are on such a shoe-string budget, and so many things happened these past two weeks all the way up to our leaving California on Monday.” Said Katie. “But here we are and this is my first opportunity to get to race in Houston, and oh man am I excited!”

Coming off a number fifteen (15) qualifying position at Gainesville and a first-round loss to eventual race-champion Eddie Krawiec, the team wants more. The team did set personal records not only in elapsed time with a 6.980 but also top speed by running a 191.97 mile-per-hour pass. All four qualifying runs were consistent for the first weekend ever. So for the first time there is some momentum, and being now able to run back-to-back National Events is huge. “This team, especially my Dad and I have worked so hard to get where we are and we still have a long way to go.” Said Katie. “We are back to prove that we have “more” than what everyone saw at Gainesville.“

The atmospheric conditions are ideal at Royal Purple Raceway because of the cold air that blows in off Trinity Bay, so that means horsepower. With competitive results already in hand, “more” may be in the tank for the K&N/Girls For A Change Suzuki. One thing the team can be sure of, is that it will take another high six-second pass to compete for the second race in a row at this weekends 24th annual O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Spring Nationals.

Heading to bed Thursday night, with a gleam in her eye Katie smiled and said, “I can’t wait to be pinned down that race track”. Stay Tuned!

Attachments

• KSR_PaulGrant1_bike.jpg
    KSR_PaulGrant1_bike.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 6
  • KSR_PaulGrant2_smile.jpg
    KSR_PaulGrant2_smile.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 8
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back