Denver - Western Swing (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
So I spent all week in Littleton, CO setting up the internet service at the new Hampton Inn and Suites (C470 and Ken Caryl Ave ... about 5 miles from Bandimere). The GM of the property walks into the telco room while I am configuring the switches and he sees the wallpaper on my laptop (Ashley Force doing a burnout ... natch) and proceeds to tell me his hotel is sold out for that weekend and he was very excited that word had spread about his hotel so quickly (they are not scheduled to open for a few more weeks). He was pretty sure it is almost all race teams staying there. So to all you teams or fans staying there, when you get on the Net make sure you think of me and smile!

Nice going Chris! We stayed at the new Hampton Inn in Waxahachie last September, the week they opened up for the Ennis race. Very nice hotel and everything worked great...at least what I can remember.

Did they at least give you a free room the weekend of the Mile Highs?

I asked for a room (at least at the Hilton corporate rate) but he said ALL rooms are sold out. So unless someone cancels their reservation ... I am out of luck!

Cool. looks like they chose a great location. Bandimere will no doubt be one of thier niches every season. But this years' "western swing" starts in Tennessee!!!

Chris,

It's not the western swing anymore. This year it's the Never Ending Swing, and it starts in New Jersey,

Alan

Alan,
I believe it is only called "The never ending swing" by all the people that are traveling it this year. To the rest it is still called the "Western swing". LOL

Hey Chris,
did you checkout the "Night of fire" event @ Bandimere yesterday?
Fuel altereds and alky F/C etc etc

I haven't gone to Denver sine '01, but I always stayed off 6th Ave around Simms/Union or Kipling. Get some good rates..

I haven't gone to Denver sine '01, but I always stayed off 6th Ave around Simms/Union or Kipling. Get some good rates..

There are some clean hotels in this area with decent rates
As well as Nicks cafe where several/many race teams/drivers catch breakfast before race day.

No Paul, I checked the roster to see who & what was scheduled to show and it didn't look as big as last years so I decided to sit it out. I'm not one of those folks who's out there every weekend, since I don't have a race car anymore (although I do have a Turbo Saab!). Of course, my one big weekend here is the Mile Highs. Maybe I'll make one day of the LODRS weekend... but I'm content to get my fill by spending the Mile high weekend with Team K. I think I'm going to one of the Topeka days though. I'm sure the Bandimere Night Of Fire was cool though. I was hoping Keith Jackson would run his nitro Funny Car there again but there was no indication he was supposed to be there. Last I saw KJ was several months ago, he had his car on static display for a Verizon Wireless function.

Last edited:
No Paul, I checked the roster to see who & what was scheduled to show and it didn't look as big as last years so I decided to sit it out. I'm not one of those folks who's out there every weekend, since I don't have a race car anymore (although I do have a Turbo Saab!). Of course, my one big weekend here is the Mile Highs. Maybe I'll make one day of the LODRS weekend... but I'm content to get my fill by spending the Mile high weekend with Team K. I think I'm going to one of the Topeka days though. I'm sure the Bandimere Night Of Fire was cool though. I was hoping Keith Jackson would run his nitro Funny Car there again but there was no indication he was supposed to be there. Last I saw KJ was several months ago, he had his car on static display for a Verizon Wireless function.

Even though I didn't go either, Keith Jackson was supposed to have his fuel alterd in a match race.

Keith Jackson was there with the altered body on the chassis. He went sideways and slowed. I couldn't tell if he slowed to gather it back in or something happened to the car.
The Jacksons have been in the Nitro wars forever and I always wish them well. Good people.
The Night of Fire and Thunder was huge, as usual. The Bandimere's are building a cohort of young drag racing fans through their "Race to Read" program - as well as encouraging these munchkins to pick up a book. The Bandimeres do an excellent job of promoting our sport.
If you're coming out for the MoPar Mile High Nats., know that there are lots of places to stay because Bandimere's is easily accessible from C-470.
(Now if I could just get John to recognize the difference between "ran" and "run" . . . )
Cheers,
Ed

Hey that's cool Ed. Now I'm sorry I missed it. I know they're expecting this years' Mile Hi Nationals to be the biggest attendance yet and I can see why; looking at the map from Phoenix to Billings, Topeka to Vegas, the NHRA in Denver is the only major auto racing venue this summer.

I stayed near 6th Ave and Wadsworth in Lakewood ... wholly inadequate for my business travel needs ... no high speed internet and no alarm clock in the room. I had to rely on them for wake-up calls and they let me down on Wednesday ....

I am in Oxnard, CA this week and it is much better!

(Solomon Islands, Maryland next week, I am racking up the Frequent Flyer miles!!)

I stayed near 6th Ave and Wadsworth in Lakewood ... wholly inadequate for my business travel needs ... no high speed internet and no alarm clock in the room. I had to rely on them for wake-up calls and they let me down on Wednesday ....

I've stayed in that Motel6 about 5 times!

I am in Oxnard, CA this week and it is much better!

(Solomon Islands, Maryland next week, I am racking up the Frequent Flyer miles!!)

Use your cell phone alarm. LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back