Dear NHRA RE:Hot Memphis (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I'm kinda wary of what it's going to be like in Ennis in late September, but it's not gonna stop me!

Holy crap! It was beautiful in SE Texas today....low humidity, low 90's. Definitely NOT the norm for August! We (Ennis attendees) can only HOPE it's like this the 3rd weekend in September, but hey.....you never know.

Last weekend was horrid......totally Memphis race weekend like. I can't imagine what y'all had to go through. Well, maybe I can. We had a Monthly Match of our Practical Shooters group. It was horrible and I didn't even shoot. And y'all want to know why SE Texas has the highest electricity bills in the country in July-Sep.

And they've replaced it with a race at another track where it gets very hot in August.

Why do people in Memphis think it only gets hot there in the summer?

Jim

Come on now Jim!! The average temp for mid August in Reading is 84 degrees with an all time record of 96... Its been over 100 degrees the last 2 years at Memphis. It's always high 90's to 100 that time of year around here... We are talking about people being taken out on stretchers...

And this year has been a hotter than normal heat wave everywhere. You've got to be sensible & play the averages, which the new schedule seems to do weather wise...

Just my un-educated meteorological opinion of course!!

FWIW, it was so hot in Memphis last year that the NHRA had Memphis Transit Authority buses parked out at the track. The "Plan" was if you were on the verge of dying, you could sit in an air conditioned city MATA transit bus.

Wow!! Now that's what I call a fun weekend!!!

I had two attorneys (with girlfriends) attend the race with me last year during Saturday afternoon's qualifying. Only one of the four had ever attended an automobile race of any kind. First thing we see when entering the pits from the walkover was a sweaty flush faced teenage girl vomiting into a garbage can. It went down hill from there.

They watched about 5 sets of Pro Stock cars try to negotiate the track and just like that, their day was over. The girls couldn't take the heat. They all ditched me (and the NHRA) and headed for home.

Fool that I am, I offered them Nitro section tickets again this year.

I would have had better luck talking them into a free barium enema.

Folks. You just have to be here to believe it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back