Dear NHRA - It's time to 86 Reading for Good (1 Viewer)

Shan

Nitro Member
Dear NHRA - The Reading race is nothing but a waste of time and money year after year after year!!! I think it should be taken off the circuit for good and moved elsewhere. I think this would behoove the teams and the fans who NEVER get to see a full weekend of racing. Every single year, the teams are forced to either stay over for multiple days or they're forced to waste one of their valued weekends off going back to that track to finish a rained-out race. And I can only imagine what the financial cost to the NHRA and the teams is. It's ridiculous!!!

Dear NHRA - The Reading race is nothing but a waste of time and money year after year after year!!! I think it should be taken off the circuit for good and moved elsewhere. I think this would behoove the teams and the fans who NEVER get to see a full weekend of racing. Every single year, the teams are forced to either stay over for multiple days or they're forced to waste one of their valued weekends off going back to that track to finish a rained-out race. And I can only imagine what the financial cost to the NHRA and the teams is. It's ridiculous!!!

I vote move it to October when you see the record times and dry, crisp fall air! (see 2001 for example - Darrell Alderman first PS in the 6.7's)

I say leave the stands, make it a lake and have boat races there. If (WHEN) it rains the boats can still race and god knows it will never dry up !
JMSAO

I vote move it to October when you see the record times and dry, crisp fall air! (see 2001 for example - Darrell Alderman first PS in the 6.7's)

i vote that too, but its clearly obvious that the nhra wants to slow all the cars down, and with technology and smart crew chiefs, the nhra now slows them down by switching the record setting tracks to non record setting times of the year- like englishtown from early may to mid june ( no more records), only 1 chicago, and the grove to mid august( no records then). just another lame thing nhra has done in a long list.

I'll agree to this long before I agree to take it away. It's not fair to the fans that pack the place to lose the race because of poor scheduling.

I think September is the best option but, I've never seen such a PACKED FRIDAY as I did this year. I'd dare say there was a higher percentage (% of sell-out) than at Englishtown.
I can't imagine how more busy it might have been had the weather prediction been better.
Somebody suggested high attendance because the kids were out of school but there didn't appear (to ME) to be a higher percentage of kids than in earlier years.
Too bad Sunday (etc) went downhill.

I've been saying all along that they should have moved the race to October. The race in 2004 was as good as any race that I've ever been to. I'm going to guess and say the problem is they don't want Reading and Richmond within a week of each other on the schedule. I remember reading somewhere that a few years ago George Case wanted the race in October but they moved it to August instead. How many other tracks besides Vegas and Pomona can get the gates that Maple Grove got AFTER Labor Day? IMO Maple Grove has been on the schedule for 20+ years and should not have to yield their desired date to Richmond, a track that returned to NHRA after being an IHRA track for 5 years.

i vote that too, but its clearly obvious that the nhra wants to slow all the cars down, and with technology and smart crew chiefs, the nhra now slows them down by switching the record setting tracks to non record setting times of the year- like englishtown from early may to mid june ( no more records), only 1 chicago, and the grove to mid august( no records then). just another lame thing nhra has done in a long list.

Just wait until NHRA moves the Phoenix race to August! :eek: ;)

I've been saying all along that they should have moved the race to October. The race in 2004 was as good as any race that I've ever been to. I'm going to guess and say the problem is they don't want Reading and Richmond within a week of each other on the schedule. I remember reading somewhere that a few years ago George Case wanted the race in October but they moved it to August instead. How many other tracks besides Vegas and Pomona can get the gates that Maple Grove got AFTER Labor Day? IMO Maple Grove has been on the schedule for 20+ years and should not have to yield their desired date to Richmond, a track that returned to NHRA after being an IHRA track for 5 years.

Abso f***in' lutely !!! Brian, very well said. This race should have been moved to October.
That's where George Case wanted it and he got the short end of the stick.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back