Darrell Russell Tribute Car (1 Viewer)

It's been a long time coming and I'm glad to see it finally happen. It's hard to believe it has been alomst four years, seems like it was just yesterday when we lost Darrell. There isn't a week goes by that I don't think about and miss him. Darrell was a special person to so many and losing him left a huge hole in our hearts. I am proud to say that Darrell was a friend of mine, GOD BLESS you my friend, rest in peace.

To Burnell, Gwen, Chris, and the enitire Russell family; You were truly blessed to have Darrell as a son and brother. GOD BLESS you all.

Amen Gary, I remember doing the car design right after the accident. Didn't know if it would ever see the track but here we are and I'm so happy about that. I hope everyone enjoys all the hard work that has gone into this, between the handout cards, uniforms, Alan's gear and the car wrap it should be a pretty special weekend. One interesting note... The "Never Forgotten" logo was designed by Darrell's brother Chris.

Amen Gary, I remember doing the car design right after the accident. Didn't know if it would ever see the track but here we are and I'm so happy about that. I hope everyone enjoys all the hard work that has gone into this, between the handout cards, uniforms, Alan's gear and the car wrap it should be a pretty special weekend. One interesting note... The "Never Forgotten" logo was designed by Darrell's brother Chris.
Congratulations, Mark..awesome job!!

It's been a long time coming and I'm glad to see it finally happen. It's hard to believe it has been alomst four years, seems like it was just yesterday when we lost Darrell. There isn't a week goes by that I don't think about and miss him. Darrell was a special person to so many and losing him left a huge hole in our hearts. I am proud to say that Darrell was a friend of mine, GOD BLESS you my friend, rest in peace.

To Burnell, Gwen, Chris, and the enitire Russell family; You were truly blessed to have Darrell as a son and brother. GOD BLESS you all.

So true Gary, I've always felt blessed to be adopted as an "Uncle" by Darrell and Chris, Burnell and Gwen.

Mark, I remember when the tribute was planned and then scrapped. It makes it that much more special to see it finally come to life. Wish I could be there to be a part of it this weekend, but things didn't work out. If you get the chance, take a bunch of pics and e-mail them to me. Thanks buddy, talk to you later.

I can't believe it has already been that long. Man time sure does fly. I remember being at the 2001 Winter Nats when he took over for Amato and saying who the heck is that guy when he made his first qualifying pass. Didn't take long for us to figure out who he was ... he made sure of that real quickly by taking home the wally on Sunday!!!

I grew up at Baytown watching my dad race and Darrell was one of the other bracket racers there for a while and then they went to racing Top Alcohol and I have pulled for him ever since. I was stoked when he won Pomona in his first try.

I've mentioned on here before that my 10 minute (felt like hours) conversation with Darrell in Ennis in '03 at the DRAW auction is one of my all-time favorite experiences....in any rhealm of life! How fitting for me that the proceeds are all going to such deserving charities.

Given that St. Louis is the place of such sadness and I am not normally an outspoken fan of any ONE Top Fuel team.....I will definitely be pulling for Bradshaw and his team this weekend!

Great job all concerned and involved!

Being from the midwest, I have gone to the St Louis race many times. I was at the race that took his life, and have not returned since that day. I knew it was bad just because of how the aftermath was handled (and I don't mean it was done bad, just different).
I will never forget that day, and after I found out he didn't make it ( a piece of information I got from a good friend at JFR) we left the race immediately and had a very long drive home.
The first decal that went on my daughter's Jr Dragster was the one honoring him. Unfortunately, that decal is now aong side the one I purchased honoring Eric Medlin. Cars no longer just advertise for vendors, do they?
What a great tribute to him ( I had met and talked to him at lenghth and he was a very nice guy) and couldn't come from a nicer guy. I know Alan, and there isn't a better driver out there to honor him.
Rest in peace Darrell and Good Job Allen.

i was able to see a picture of the car and the crew and i've got to say that it looks awesome! I think it is great that Dexter, Alan and their sponsor Vis Viva would honor another racer that way.

Tony Owens

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back