Curfew ???????? (1 Viewer)

camaro

Nitro Member
NHRA comes to this area once a year and u mean to tell me they cant go pass curfew just once. and even if they couldnt why would they schedule the last session so late !! Geeeeez!!!!
Seems like every so often there's something that constantly reminds me just how small time and bush league NHRA drag racing is. I got hooked into drag racing years ago as a kid when my dad took me to the local races, but sometimes i wish he'd taken me to a Nascar race and i'd probobly be hooked on a sport that has a some kinda prestige :(

Last edited:
NHRA comes to this area once a year and u mean to tell me they cant go pass curfew just once. and even if they couldnt why would they schedule the last session so late !! Geeeeez!!!!
Seems like every so often there's something that constantly reminds me just how small time and bush league NHRA drag racing is. I got hooked into drag racing years ago as a kid when my dad took me to the local races, but sometimes i wish he'd taken me to a Nascar race and i'd probobly be hooked on a sport that has a some kinda prestige :(

James, I'll bet you that if Nascar ran races at 9PM or later rhe fans would scream their heads off! :eek:

I'd be beyond pissed off. I'd be asking for $$$ back too, because Friday night sessions are the BEST.

The track and the city had an agreement for the last couple years. Blame the NHRA for starting so late and risking being cut off. At least then you'd have gotten the full show.

Glendora is so intent on copying NASCRAP(sp?:)) they should follow the leader into incomplete qualifying rules............all run or no times count:mad:

The track and the city had an agreement for the last couple years. Blame the NHRA for starting so late and risking being cut off. At least then you'd have gotten the full show.

Exactly, back when I went to Sonoma in 2004 the Friday night Fuel session started at 7pm and was over at 8:30 and that was with almost no downtime for oil downs. If you push the start back an hour and have two oil downs you are on top the curfew. I am sure the NHRA will look into this for next year.

I`ve seen the Friday night session in Seattle called because of curfew a few times, but there`s a bunch of houses next to the track. Why is there a curfew in Sonoma, looks like there`s nothing else out there but a road course and open space?

On another thread, it was stated that there was a retired? fed judge that lives near the track and he has the local authorities on speed dial:eek:

I`ve seen the Friday night session in Seattle called because of curfew a few times, but there`s a bunch of houses next to the track. Why is there a curfew in Sonoma, looks like there`s nothing else out there but a road course and open space?
Someone knows that guys name on here I'm sure... And the reason behind his reason... I am not that someone, but have only heard stories about him and what he owns besides a home on a mountain top somewhere there... So maybe someone that knows the actual truth could help...
I'm not saying anymore... :eek: On that topic... :D

NASCRAP (sp?:)) I think you found an excellent loophole there Mel... :D

Someone knows that guys name on here I'm sure... And the reason behind his reason... I am not that someone, but have only heard stories about him and what he owns besides a home on a mountain top somewhere there... So maybe someone that knows the actual truth could help...
I'm not saying anymore... :eek: On that topic... :D

NASCRAP (sp?:)) I think you found an excellent loophole there Mel... :D

I have always heard that the house across the street is owned by an old lady that starts calling anytime after 10:00pm.

The storys goes that Bruton tryed to buy her out but she wont sell.

Cory mac is exactly right,the other runs that some of the teams got should be thrown out

Dammit, I missed the first 15 minutes so I missed what Cory said but I agree that the 2nd round should be tossed since only 1/2 the cars got to make passes in the best weather of the weekend. NHRA = idiots!

Its easy the 10 that didnt get to run last night should get a night session tonight. But you cant fix stupid.

I have always heard that the house across the street is owned by an old lady that starts calling anytime after 10:00pm.

The storys goes that Bruton tryed to buy her out but she wont sell.

Solutions-
Q1-

Stop answering THE PHONE!! :rolleyes:

Q2-

Make it look like an accident!! Sh!t Happens!! Just like accidents...

AND- There is NOTHING!! :eek: across ANY street except grapes... :D Believe me... :p

Last edited:
Dammit, I missed the first 15 minutes so I missed what Cory said but I agree that the 2nd round should be tossed since only 1/2 the cars got to make passes in the best weather of the weekend. NHRA = idiots!

Yea...........and that is not the first time Cory has been bit by that dumba$$ rule. Baca blew up in front of him and a couple of others a couple of years ago. :eek:

I'll tell you right now the 'little old lady' will gladly send people to jail for bothering her grapes! At 10:00:01 the phone rings at both the tower and the police station!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back