I finally saved up and joined (1 Viewer)

Nitrosnoopy

Nitro Member
Howdy yall. Have been a fan of drag racing for only 10 years and to be honest with you I didnt want to even go to my first race I was a Nascar fan thru and thru . A place where I worked part time was a speed shop and dealt with keystone automotive and I was required to go to the Winston Invitational at the Rock in 97. We went down the night before and camped and I decided that if I was gonna have to do this that I was at least gonna partake of some mexican adult bevearages the night before the race . Well Sunday rolls around and I have a hangover ..a very much bad hangover you know the kind where you just wear sunglasses and you hear every third word. So we take a stroll into the track to see if the Keystone hospitality had opened which it wasnt . So were are walking back toward the campground via the pit area and looked over at the Hoffman pit and told the group I was with I think they are bout to fire this thing up . The Hoffman pit was at the end of a row and they had their old dodge omni tow vehicle between the fans and the car . Well they fired that puppy up and after getting over the sound my eyes start to burn and water,and my throat is burning I cant see cant brethe I stumble over to the fence ...... At last I found the cure for the commom hang over A dose of nitro in the morning . Needless to say after seeing the cars run I was hooked . Me and another employee who worked at the shop went to atlanta the next week Richmond a few weeks later and an IHRA race in Bristol and 4 days at the US Nationals (which every drag racing fan should expierience once) . I kinda drifted a little away , but still followed the sport . I have to admit I am more of a drag racing fan than Nascar . So theres my story and I sticking to it .

If everyone would just go once and get that first nitro experience they wouldnt regret it. I love hearing everyone's first nitro experience.

Welcome to the Mater Chris!
You really should try it sober for a weekend! You'll be hooked for life! LOL

Just to clarifly ... havent had a drop at a drag race since ... and not much anywhere else ..... just to much to see at a drag race

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back