Crossing paths...Blaine & Tony (1 Viewer)

An excellent article, Susan always comes through with the good ones. I won't lie I'm not a big Tony Schumacher fan, but I sure would like to see him and Alan Johnson get that US Nationals Wally on Monday. Blaine will be riding along with them.

I'm not a big Tony Schumacher fan, but I sure would like to see him and Alan Johnson get that US Nationals Wally on Monday. Blaine will be riding along with them.
With the way AJ runs at IRP, er ORP, I wouldn`t bet against them winning it this year. No matter how many years it`s been since Blaine has passed, I still can`t help but get pissed that Kennys `96 title, Scelzis three titles, and Shoes two with AJ would have all been Blaines, and we`d be talking about him as the greatest TF driver of alltime.

Hi:)
Great story.
I think, had the accident not happened, Blaine and Alan would have gone on a "rip" and rewritten all the top Fuel records from then to now. Alan has had a hand in 5 of the last 10 championships and if you include '96, which they would have won at a stroll, 6.
Had they dominated (alar Force style) since '96, maybe more.

Impressive to see Schumacher's reaction to all this.

Thank JP :D

With the way AJ runs at IRP, er ORP, I wouldn`t bet against them winning it this year. No matter how many years it`s been since Blaine has passed, I still can`t help but get pissed that Kennys `96 title, Scelzis three titles, and Shoes two with AJ would have all been Blaines, and we`d be talking about him as the greatest TF driver of alltime.

I very much share your views Chris, Every year, I think about if Blaine was still here today, how many championships he'd have won, and it hurts inside. I really miss Blaine :(

Edit
*I wouldn't say I get pissed though, but I do get upset, sadly what happened, happened, if only we could go back in time and change things around. Can't get pissed at Kenny, I think that championship in 96 was the hardest he had won, and not because of the battle with Blaine early on then holding off a Cory Mac fight, but the emotion behind it all. I won't lie I was selfish in 96 and hated seeing Kenny win, because I knew if Blaine was there it would've been him standing with the title, but when Kenny handed that trophy to the Johnson family, that was something.

Last edited:
Michael, maybe I shouldn`t have said "pissed" because I`m certainly not pissed that KB, Scelzi and Tony all won championships that Blaine probably would`ve won, but I always think about what could have been with him...especially this time of year.

Michael, maybe I shouldn`t have said "pissed" because I`m certainly not pissed that KB, Scelzi and Tony all won championships that Blaine probably would`ve won, but I always think about what could have been with him...especially this time of year.

It's ok, no need to explain, I totally got what you were putting across :) Lets hope Alan can guide that us army car to a victory

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back