Still No Answers About Antron's Tire (1 Viewer)

It has been mentioned by several crew chiefs that taking away downforce is the dumbest idea ever. DOWNFORCE DOES NOT CAUSE THE TIRES TO FAIL!!!
Really? Downforce absolutely causes tires to fail, period. Without the enormous amount of downforce generated by today's huge wings, cars would not be able to reach 260+ in the 1/8 mile and 320+ in a 1,000 ft. If spinning tires caused tire failure, why aren't we seeing more failures in the burnout?

The problem occurs when the tire stop spinning.

As you can see in Antron's case, it came apart after the 1000 ft mark. The tire is no longer spinning, the track grabs the tire and pulls it apart...

As long as the tire is spinning (black striping) there isn't a problem...

The problem occurs when the tire stop spinning.

As you can see in Antron's case, it came apart after the 1000 ft mark. The tire is no longer spinning, the track grabs the tire and pulls it apart...

As long as the tire is spinning (black striping) there isn't a problem...

Thank you...somebody actually READ what I wrote.

Really? Downforce absolutely causes tires to fail, period. Without the enormous amount of downforce generated by today's huge wings, cars would not be able to reach 260+ in the 1/8 mile and 320+ in a 1,000 ft. If spinning tires caused tire failure, why aren't we seeing more failures in the burnout?

So you, in all your wisdom Mr. Elliott, KNOW FOR A FACT that downforce is what causes the tire failures? Man, Goodyear better get you on their payroll, sounds like you got it all figured out. Let's just take all the $ and ingenuity put into these cars over the years and flush it all down the toilet. Yea, just take the wings off, that will fix everything. It is a well know fact that pro stock cars make very little downforce at the top end of the track. Bet you didn't know that their tires can chunk also, did you? How do you explain that?

BTW, since I am curious, maybe you can let all of us know what experience you have working on a Fuel car. I'd be more than happy to let you know what my experience is. Most people on here are arm chair keyboard crew chiefs who have no clue what it takes to get these cars to start, let alone go down the track. People ask questions, and as soon as someone in the know reply's, they slay em with smart a$$ remarks and total lack of respect or common sense.

I don't know for sure, but i think the amount of VHT they spray on the track is maybe too much and that's what is causing the tires to chunk.

And to know what the problem is (either downforce, or spinning tires or whatever) and to know what to do about it is a big difference in my opinion.
I bet Goodyear know what is causing the chunking, only they still haven't found a solution for it

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back