Congrats to Royal Purple Raceway Sold Out! (1 Viewer)

From what I could find on the net.
Royal Purple Raceway paved pit area holds approximately 400 racing rigs, with additional pit parking available on grass. The spectator parking lots have a capacity of over 10,000 cars, along with a special VIP parking area capable of holding an additional 600 vehicles.
RPR has a seating capacity of 30,000, with additional grandstand seating brought in during major events to accommodate reserved seat requests.

PJ, back in the hey day of ADRL there were tons of threads like that. The hardcore fans were b*tching bc the track was wall to wall people, there were lines everywhere, the traffic was ridiculous, people in the stands were uneducated about racing and knew nothing, it wasn't the best crowd, the trash was a problem (though this is a problem at national events aswell), etc etc etc. You're never going to make everyone happy. There's always going to be an issue no matter whats happening. Whether there's no people or thousands. All I know, I'd rather have a thousand than none!
I was on the way to a race in Gainesville a few years back and i thought i would stop off and watch the ADRL race in Baytown on the way. But, wow was i surprised when i got up to the 4-way stop and saw cars parked and fans walking at least 2 miles from the track. I knew it would be impossible to find a place to park the hauler so i just kept right on truckin towards Florida.

Take a look at Gary Nastase's great shots from last weekend and be sure to check out the Sunday parking-lot grandstands in the late-round shots. I just wish the non-pit-side stands would look like that at every Sunday this year.

http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=283940&NewHash=NHRA-SUMMIT#indextop
If most tracks looked like this on Saturday and Sunday we would never be having any discussions about what's wrong with the NHRA. The last 2 races I was at were packed and my next race is E-Town, it hopefully we will see some stronger crowds there also.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back