Congrats to Royal Purple Raceway Sold Out! (1 Viewer)

We went Saturday instead of sunday due to the threat of bad thunderstorms sunday morning, so other people probably had the same idea as I did. It was pretty packed, but the lines at restrooms and concession stands were not bad at all! Ive waited WAY longer at Ennis with WAY less crowds for these same things

Friday nights crowd was actually kinda weak. Sat's was great, but like already stated it was bc they honored last years tickets aswell. Sunday's crowd was really decent also. The event ran smooth for the most part and I had a great time as usual. It was one of the most attended national events recently. Still not the biggest crowd the track's ever seen. The ADRL from several years back still holds that. The fire marshall had to shut the gates off that day and wouldn't let anyone else in. I have been to every national event ever held at Baytown and no crowd compares to that Saturday at the ADRL race. I do also want to say they did do a great job promoting the race this year. It was all over the radio and tv stations.

Last edited:
Friday nights crowd was actually kinda weak. Sat's was great, but like already stated it was bc they honored last years tickets aswell. Sunday's crowd was really decent also. The event ran smooth for the most part and I had a great time as usual. It was one of the most attended national events recently. Still not the biggest crowd the track's ever seen. The ADRL from several years back still holds that. The fire marshall had to shut the gates off that day and wouldn't let anyone else in. I have been to every national event ever held at Baytown and no crowd compares to that Saturday at the ADRL race. I do also want to say they did do a great job promoting the race this year. It was all over the radio and tv stations.
Wasn't the ADRL race a free gate admission?

yup, ADRL was free at the gate, but you paid for parking (and you had to provide mailing list info to get in free), now the PDRA (current 1/8th mi door slammer series) is the same way

Hey Justin good see in you at the track, and good meeting your Grand Pa. Its good that he can still enjoy a day at the track!

yup, ADRL was free at the gate, but you paid for parking (and you had to provide mailing list info to get in free), now the PDRA (current 1/8th mi door slammer series) is the same way

Ive heard ever since they charge at the 1/8 mile shows the crowds are Wayy down from the Free ticket days!

Joe, good seeing you too. And yes, my grandpa still enjoys the track as much as he always has. And yes, the ADRL was free entry. All I was saying was it was still the most people Ive ever seen at the racetrack by far. Regardless of if they had to pay to get in or not. It was insane that day. It was a 3 hr traffic jam to get into the racetrack. I have never seen anything like that. People were parking and walking from miles away. It was total chaos. And Joe, the old ADRL went to charging under Tim McAmis and the crowds went way way down. Its actually now about to fold. However, the new PDRA is up and blowing and going and its set up like the old ADRL. Free tickets and what not. They have only had one race so far but it was good.

So when do the threads that there are too many fans now and the place is too crowded start :)

Good for having a lot of fans coming in, that is always a positive sign.

PJ, back in the hey day of ADRL there were tons of threads like that. The hardcore fans were b*tching bc the track was wall to wall people, there were lines everywhere, the traffic was ridiculous, people in the stands were uneducated about racing and knew nothing, it wasn't the best crowd, the trash was a problem (though this is a problem at national events aswell), etc etc etc. You're never going to make everyone happy. There's always going to be an issue no matter whats happening. Whether there's no people or thousands. All I know, I'd rather have a thousand than none!

very true Justin.

Bigger crowd brings more sponsors which brings more cars out.

One sellout in a row. Wow. May be they need to keep the Nitro Bikes and the Pro Stock Bikes, get rid of the Pro Stock Cars and go for two in a row.

"sellout"....that's nice; so what does that mean? how many tickets were sold in houston on saturday?
anyone know how many that place holds?....20k bleachers?...25k?...30k?

what is the 3 day average for nhra nat. events?....are they attracting 50k?...60,70,80k?
my guess it's around 50k average over 3 days with some events topping that.....anyone know any numbers?

this march, the mn state high school boys hockey tournament attendance in (2) separate arenas was a tick
over 119k over 3 days.....most successful annual high school tournament in the country (regardless of sport)

"sellout"....that's nice; so what does that mean? how many tickets were sold in houston on saturday?
anyone know how many that place holds?....20k bleachers?...25k?...30k?

what is the 3 day average for nhra nat. events?....are they attracting 50k?...60,70,80k?
my guess it's around 50k average over 3 days with some events topping that.....anyone know any numbers?

this march, the mn state high school boys hockey tournament attendance in (2) separate arenas was a tick
over 119k over 3 days.....most successful annual high school tournament in the country (regardless of sport)

Pomona sat 44,000, that was before they went to 1000' and closed those last 2 sections on the Top end, Dallas I was told by my ticket rep there years ago that it held 37,000! I imagine Chicago, Norwalk and Charlotte are all close to 40,000!

Pomona sat 44,000, that was before they went to 1000' and closed those last 2 sections on the Top end, Dallas I was told by my ticket rep there years ago that it held 37,000! I imagine Chicago, Norwalk and Charlotte are all close to 40,000!
chicago, ennis, pomona and charlotte i would believe.....don't think norwalk holds quite that many....even BIR with it's large grandstand
on spectator side i think only holds about 25k @ capacity with all bleachers.
tv ratings and attendance; wish it was more readily available to the public but it's not without paying to know.

I thought Norwalk topped 40k a few years back but not sure

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back