Royal Purple Raceway (1 Viewer)

Only because we the policyholders guarantee that insurance companies are profitable does it make an sense whatsoever .... clearly the insurance company sells wrecked cars through companies like Copart every minute of every business hour. A flood damaged car is not fundamentally worse than a totaled wrecked car. You just don't want the entire car to be restored because of the long term effects on electronics of flood water and the likelihood that it will be sold well above its actual FMV.... once pulled from the water many of the other parts are very usable/restorable.

"They had to build the freeway because the cars were illegal to drive on the street" ..... hmmm, let's think about that for a second. There must be some geniuses doing the whole Street Outlaw filming, because they are very often driving cars that are not street legal outside of the various laws applicable to the street otherwise. Maybe they had to build the set because it takes a while to film stuff and freeways are a little expensive to rent out when they are otherwise being used by the tax paying public. I respect your right to have an opinion, but I'm afraid that I'm not very impressed with the underlying fundamentals of your opinion.

IAA Insurance Auto Auctions, one of many sights with flood cars listed. They post the reason for salvage, wreck, fire, flood, etc.
they are sold daily to places for parts.

Many potential Racecars as well. If I'm looking to build a new Camaro Stocker, Super Stocker or even a Bracket car, what do I care that it was a flood car?

Alan

You do not and I know several people that have done exactly that, perfect shell to start with, cheap. We need to figure out how to keep innocent people from being,
attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis? Screwed

$15 a day to store each car until Alan picks his future Jason Line tromping car is not a bad gig if it lands in your lap.

More cars....
upload_2017-9-19_6-11-23.png

Wow, that is a lot of cars. And yet, it's just a fraction of the million cars they say got flooded. This is just Texas, so add the cars lost in Florida, etc. Lotsa cars.....

Many of the cars were under water so I would think the computer under the drivers seat is history.

Cost of a new computer for any late model car must be between $2,000 and up not to mention once you install the new computer taking it back to a dealership to reprogram everything which is another $500.00 bucks at most dealerships.

All this before you even start to think about what else might have suffered damage.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

At $15 per car per day, maybe they could take a few of those bucks, fix the drainage and pave the rest of the pits so every sportsman racer isn't sunk up to their axles every time it rains. They even own the paving company.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back