Congrats Greek !! (1 Viewer)

His R/T is something that has also been a issue the last decade I been followin him, but a .130 is not a horrible light as if your name is not Spencer or Shawn I would say class average is probably about an .70 to a .90. He is 79 and it's damn impressive. Does anyone know if he had the means to run the full tour if he physically could? I was thinking to myself last night what would it be like if he made his retirement a season where he ran every race.

I bet he would pick up a few round wins, I don't know about countdown level, but I could see him maybe making a semi somewhere. It would also be great to see big do one last big outing.

I was thinking to myself last night what would it be like if he made his retirement a season where he ran every race.

I don't think you'll see a retirement tour from the Greek. He has made it clear that the only thing that will keep him out of his car is 6' of dirt.

Quick story about the Greek. He was racing at the IHRA race in Epping about 2006. It was Sunday morning, prior to eliminations and they were putting the heads back on. One of the crew guys mentioned they needed pushrods. The Greek grabs one out of the parts tray, walks into the back of the trailer, where we were standing, says "How are you guys doing?", opens a drawer which contained a bunch of pushrods and started matching the length up to the one in his hand.
THATS racing on a budget!

Does Pat Dakin bring 5-6 Motors to every race?????:rolleyes:

Just came from the track......5 complete motors, 6 sets of heads, 6 racks of rods and pistons assembled and ready to go in the car with more boxes in the cabinets ready to be put together, 4 blowers freshly stripped and ready to rock, 3 manifolds and a partridge in a pear tree. Any other questions about our inventory or would you like to continue spewing forth nonsense that your obviously have no clue about?

I cant imagine a hardcore racer like the Greek EVER goes to the line without intentions of turning on the win light----and probably at WHATEVER cost. Why else would an 80 year old guy be out there still hammering? This guy is just beyond way cool. By the way, thanks for your expert insight Mike Minick. Hearing from a guy out in the trenches is what makes this site cool. Nice to know some things in the sport are still like the old days.

T...

How do I get coffee out of my keyboard?

Thank Heaven it's not Bourbon anymore...

Karl

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back