Congrats Greek !! (1 Viewer)

fatcat

Nitro Member
Was great to see the Greek get a round win. Made the short turn around with some help and went out and made another decent pass, outstanding.

Last edited:
Awesome, for sure! Also, great to see so many people lending a hand where needed--makes me remember why I love this sport.

It was so good to see the Greek win a round! I had a great time covering the story on the broadcast.

When all the guys from other teams came over to help during the turn around,, you should have seen the expression on Chris' face when I asked him about it. Made me choke up a little bit!

A lot of people in the pits want to see the Greek do well, which is why so many teams give him deals on parts and pieces so he can stay out there. As soon as we got Pat's car back to the pit area, we all grabbed our gloves and headed right over.

A lot of people in the pits want to see the Greek do well, which is why so many teams give him deals on parts and pieces so he can stay out there. As soon as we got Pat's car back to the pit area, we all grabbed our gloves and headed right over.

Great post Mike! Thats what makes our sport so great.
I remember one season I lent out all of my spare parts which was basically one of everything on the car, minus a complete motor.
I would say about 90% of my parts came back to me after being sent out for a rebuild (i.e., ignition, fuel system, etc) and the others kept mine and bought me a new piece. Its feels great when you can do it and I know for a fact 99% of the racers out there appreciate the assistance and it keeps them in the sport.

Anybody notice the Greek's Huge Redlight, you think maybe he didn't want to take a chance on winning again and having to go through that Hassle of getting the car serviced again?? Just a thought...

Anybody notice the Greek's Huge Redlight, you think maybe he didn't want to take a chance on winning again and having to go through that Hassle of getting the car serviced again?? Just a thought...

No.....and that's a truly clueless and asinine thought. If he felt that way, his car would never leave home.

No.....and that's a truly clueless and asinine thought. If he felt that way, his car would never leave home.

Well he doesnt have a Trailer full of Parts, the guy's 80+ Years old! When was the last time you saw him Red? I don't remember, do you?:confused:

A Lot of these independent racers come just hoping to qualify and First Round $$$ and leave without a Trailer full of Blown up equipment, That's a fact! Does Pat Dakin bring 5-6 Motors to every race?????:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well he doesnt have a Trailer full of Parts, the guy's 80+ Years old! When was the last time you saw him Red? I don't remember, do you?:confused:

A Lot of these independent racers come just hoping to qualify and First Round $$$ and leave without a Trailer full of Blown up equipment, That's a
fact!

Yea you're right Joe, what would I know, I was only there for the in between round turn around, and work for an independent racer. For you to insinuate that the round was intentionally thrown undermines the effort of that entire team and reeks of disrespect.

Joe, I agree with Mike. I think you're completely off base here.

Oh, and of course, big congratulations to The Greek. It was awesome to see him get a round, and it was awesome seeing the other people pitching in to help, but then, that really didn't surprise me.

I remember in '96 in Brainerd, Gary Densham made it to the final to face John Force, but hurt his clutch pretty badly amongst other damage. I stopped by the pits between rounds, and you should have seen all the people wearing shirts from other teams in his pits, helping him get ready for the final. It was something to see.

Last edited:
The greek has taken a shot at the tree and guessed wrong several times in the last few years.

Seems I remember him redlighting a few times in the IHRA a few years ago. Of course, I also remember him getting some real good lights too and getting a few holeshot wins.:cool: In any case, congrats to the Greek, his team, and all who pitched in. I would say if he didn't want to run and try and win the round in Bristol, he would have just left the car in the trailer and not wasted the nitro.:confused:

That was good of you guys to help out Greek! I'm sure he appreciated the gesture; I know as a big fan of independant teams, it was great to see him make the call. Did i see Peanut over there as well??

That was good of you guys to help out Greek! I'm sure he appreciated the gesture; I know as a big fan of independant teams, it was great to see him make the call. Did i see Peanut over there as well??

Yea Peanut came over, a couple of Bill Miller's guys were there, 4 guys came with me from Dakin's team and a many others stopped by to make sure there were enough guys. Even Forrest Lucas stopped by in between rounds.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back