Great Lakes dragway, Greek tops Zizzo, Orange Crate goes 5.81! --PICTURES--- (2 Viewers)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
Great time (even with the FC drama, that's another story) at Great Lakes Dragaway. "The Greek" vs. TJ Zizzo, Chi Town Hustler vs. The Zombie, 4
Top Fuel front engine dragsters, jets, wheelstander, Arnie Beswick, pro mods, etc.

Greek beat up on Zizzo, setting low ET and top speed. Greek went 4.98 and 5.00 shutting off early. He red-light in the 2nd of 2 rounds, but I'll give Chirs the tie-breaker for going down the track both runs. TJ smoked at the hit run 1, and was on what appeared to be a nice 4 second pass on run #2 untill he put a cylinder out and broke the blower belt. I think the announcer said he went 2.22 to the 330' mark.

The Orange Crate FED went 5.81@ 251 :eek: I think that was the highlight of the race for me. Header Flames up all the way down, it was a sweet pass. The other FEDS could not get out of their own way, no one came close.

Chi Town made 4 hits, got loose 3 of 4, and broke the belt on the other, never made it to the end under power, ran a 6.80 on the broken belt pass. It lookd good up until that point. The Zombie smoked the tires before the tree the first 2 runs, got to about half track the 3rd run, but make a sweet 6.21 pass header flames above the roof untill it shut off about 1000', speed down to 170ish (over 195 at the 1/8th)

Some pics-
P9030211.jpg

Blue Max just got finished, he did not make any passes, but will be testing next weekend.
P9030215.jpg

P9030233.jpg

Last edited:
The story is, the Blue Max was just finished this weekend, and the first test will be next weekend.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back