Comp at Indy (1 Viewer)

58 now I believe? I've got a few days, maybe I can buy an altered to bring next week, with a good shot of being in the show!

Just counted 63, I think a lot of drivers were on the sidelines waiting to see how heavy the field would be, then jumped in knowing they would qualify!

The field is now full! I still don't see Steve Szupka on there, but Frank says he's making the trip. Interesting that Greco and Yediny aren't on the list, but that may be the sign of the times. I think in the next few days we'll see a few more stragglers make it onto the list. Fingers crossed. Just looking at the list, it looks like the majority of Comp's classes are represented in some way shape or form. I'm rooting for the I/D of my friends the Niemczyks!!!

Shawn what ETs do they run? And are you sure on the weight break, because even a 200 in. engine is 2300 lbs.

Bruno Massel runs in the DD/AT class, 4 cyl. with a Single Turbo! How many Turbo classes they have now???

Shawn what ETs do they run? And are you sure on the weight break, because even a 200 in. engine is 2300 lbs.

100% positive on the weight break, Nunzio. They run 6.90's at about 190 or so. They're only beginning to ask their engine for power. You're talking about a 200 inch engine? None of us have engines that big. The Niemczyk's are using the same engine I do, which is a Mitsubishi 4G63. They are 122 cubic inches. Stock block, stock crank, stock cylinder head with updated valve train and porting. Their car weighs 1560.

Bruno Massel runs in the DD/AT class, 4 cyl. with a Single Turbo! How many Turbo classes they have now???

AA/AT
BB/AT
CC/AT
DD/AT
AA/AF
BB/AF
H/D
I/D

Those are all your turbo classes Joe. I ran BB/AF last year and plan to run DD/AT at the end of the season at the Dutch Classic. And NO, I didn't do any good in BB/AF. I have a lot of catching up to do in DD/AT if I want to even imagine myself in Bruno's ballpark.

AA/AT, BB/AT, CC/AT, and H/D are the only turbo classes that allow twin turbos.

Last edited:
Well hopefully we'll end up with 64. I am excited to see 25 TF cars entered, that has to be the biggest field in awhile, anywhere.

I had no idea Bruno ran a Twin Turbo set-up
You need to reread Shawn's post Joe. Bruno runs in DD/AT.

I watched his car burn at the turn off at the end of the shutdown area at the Mid-Michigan Motorplex a month ago. It seemed like smoke was pouring from it forever - it took quite a few minutes to get the fire under control. I was surprised to see how quickly he had the damage repaired and the car ready to race again. He was runner up at the LODRS event at Cordova two weeks later, and runner up again at the Heartland Park LODRS event last Saturday.

I really enjoy watching the turbo cars racing in Comp. It takes most of those guys quite a while to get everything figured out and get down the track consistently. It took Bruno a long time to get his combo consistent, but he's definitely there now.

Well Indy didn't quite end up at 64 cars, but still a great field. Best of all, one of my favorite current Comp cars, the AA/AM of Jirka Kaplan ended up winning! I saw him run 6.35 in qualifying, that little roadster is bada**!

Well Indy didn't quite end up at 64 cars, but still a great field. Best of all, one of my favorite current Comp cars, the AA/AM of Jirka Kaplan ended up winning! I saw him run 6.35 in qualifying, that little roadster is bada**!

I was hop in to see. 6.11 like he ran in Vegas last year!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back