Where are the comp cars? (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
Just saw comp had 31 qualifiers at Indy today. Isn't comp a 64 car field? Isn't Indy the comp world championships? Has this curious little cul-de-sac in NHRA racng finally spent itself into oblivion. Shame if it has. One of the last real places where innovation and creative thinking have a home in drag racing.

All in all a rather dismal showing. 65 entries in round 2. #48 and down..........forget about it!

Just saw comp had 31 qualifiers at Indy today. Isn't comp a 64 car field? Isn't Indy the comp world championships? Has this curious little cul-de-sac in NHRA racng finally spent itself into oblivion. Shame if it has. One of the last real places where innovation and creative thinking have a home in drag racing.
Yes it is 64 and I think 65 tried to qualify so far.

My bad...I think. When I looked at NHRA.com earlier, I thought they showed Ambrose on the pole and only 31 cars.

Comp is probably the best barometer of the economy. My dad ran Comp a long time ago, so I've always loved it, but it's evolved into an extremely expensive category. And, like the alky classes, these are classes that are usually funded out of pocket, often by racers who are successful business owners. Given the state of things, I'm glad to see a full field. Used to be common to see 100ish cars trying to qualify for the 64 car field. But this is pretty much the same story across the board.

I've got no complaints-my car ran well in the second qualifying pass (the car had a minor problem in the first session) and Al Ackerman will hopefully get his tuned up. My prediction is that if Greco keeps his foot to the floor for all 1320 feet, he goes to number 1.

Instead his teammate doesn't keep his foot to the floor and still goes to number 1.

Looking at Greco's incrementals in Q4, he could have been #1 by at least five hundreds if he'd kept his foot on the gas-as it was he was almost 60 under and the car was more than 20 mph off what it is capable of running. Of course, who knows what Dave Yediny could have run if he'd run it all the way out. Not that any of this matters-3 of the top 4 qualified cars were gone after round 1.

Dave - looks like all is one of only six clean after the second round. Awesome to see the year he is having!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back