Class most affected by the economy (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
Looking at the entry list, I'd say Comp.

Pomona only has 24 of them.
While the preseason talk has been mostly about the nitro classes, Comp Eliminator may be the class that has been most affected.

Hasn't Alan Rinehart said many times that Comp is God's way of telling you that you have too much money?

It may be that there are very few events that get a full 32 cars, and perhaps Indy will struggle to get 64.

I have never heard Alan say that, but Bob Frey has said it on a few occasions.

I do not think that comp had this many Pomona entries last year. So maybe the comp numbers are actually up. ? ? First Pomona is never well attended in comp.

Hasn't Alan Rinehart said many times that Comp is God's way of telling you that you have too much money?

I can remember when I used to have a lot of money-then I bought a comp car and all I can say is that money is over rated, particularly when compared to:
(a) winning a National Event in comp; (b), seeing your car on the cover of ND after winning a national event; (c) finishing in the top ten two years running and having a shot at the world championship; and (d) seeing the smiles on your partner's face and his wife's face when they finally win a National Event and at their home track, no less.

Comp cars are affectionately referred to as:
"Parts Eaters" around here. If all out racing is your bag, as it is mine, you have to love Pro Stock and Comp when they come to the lanes.

For me it's the separation of real fans and Nitro fans to see the stands empty after T/F as comp rolls into the lanes on Saturday for their first round.

A top end seat watching comp is the equivalent of being on the 50 yard line at a big time football game. Not a better seat anywhere and it's hard to see more entertainment than watching them negotiate the last 50 yards. Now, that's entertainment!

How everyone doesn't absolutely love comp is beyond me.

Competition Eliminator should be renamed "Mad Scientist Eliminator". Comp is one of the reasons I drive 6 hours to attend the Brainerd, MN LODRS event every May.

How everyone doesn't absolutely love comp is beyond me.

Comp is my favorite class, but its nickname is well earned. It is hard to understand. IMO the first thing they should do is lower all the indexes by .5 a second and base all the hits off of running under the index. Then with the hits, permanent hits, hits don't count at certain races, etc... It is more effort to follow than most casual fans are willing to put in.

But what other class can you see a four cylinder bantam altered (Hi Dave) that can run a 8.9 (sorry if you got into the 8.8s last year) running against a big block dragster that can run a 6.3.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back