CHRR 2015 (1 Viewer)

It sounds like NHRA is turning this into a mess. Harley the Golden not allowed, IHRA logos covered up, Rupert having to peel off his #1 decal, your nitro deal, no Bangshift live-streaming, etc.

Wow Mr. Hartman, sorry to hear that. The local distributor offers VP Fuels. NHRA probably realized there were no other options within a hundred miles so they begrudgingly gave the guy the okay to stay.

Use to be the reunion was something to look forward to this time of the year. We'd even got use to getting bumped around in the run order to keep the show running on time. It's a reunion after all and a race second.

The only issue I encountered was at the sign-in tent. The guy wearing a Heritage shirt must of had a bad cup of coffee Friday morning because he was in a crappy mood. I asked a simple question, "How many crew members can I have on the starting line?" he gives a blank look. I stated, "Normally we're allowed 5." His reply, "Yea, okay 5." So Proceed to write down all the names as we have had unknown people sign under our teams sheet before. As I write the last name, this guy blocks my hand and states I already have 5 names down and proceeds to count the names. I respond thinking he must think I'm an idiot (I am sometimes, but not always), "Of course the driver will be on the starting line. I asked about the crew."

Just a minor thing, but they sure can learn a lesson in customer service. It's those little things, like showing some appreciation to your customers that make the difference in long-term success. I certainly didn't felt appreciated.

Not that Steve Gibbs needs me to vouch for him, but to me he is a stand-up guy and anything he says is good enough for me.

"Not that this will change any of the stuff floating around the internet following the reunion...but there are a couple of things that are flat out wrong.
Number 1 - None of "our people" told any racer to cover up IHRA, or other identification. It did not happen. (Jason Rupert confirmed)
Number 2 - No racer was told that they could not sell their own t-shirts by an event official. It did not happen. Anyone who passed this information along is simply out to fan the flames.
I don't pretend that everything that happens at this event is without fault, or criticism. But please...take us to task for the real stuff...don't make up things that did not happen"

Steve Gibbs

As it turns out, some unknown person was walking around with an official NHRA hat and shirt on spreading false directives to racers. It appears these false rumors were spread and the flames were fanned. Now, not only is NHRA going into damage control, but the Museum and Famoso Raceway is having to go into damage control too.

The fuel truck didnt want to park where he was told and racers still were able to have fuel delivered.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back