Chet Herbert Passes (2 Viewers)

Nitrobug

Nitro Member
I just heard that Chet Herbert passed away eariler today. My prayers are with Doug and his family. From what I understand Chet had been battling pneumonia. Rest in peace.

Brandon

That's just awful. I had heard he was in the hospital but I wasn't aware of his condition. We lost a real pioneer. My best to Doug and Family.

Dave

Sorry to hear about the loss of Chet. My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family.

A fine gentlemen, Chet always made sure we were taken care of when at his place. Our heart felt condolences to the Herbert family. This legend and innovator will be missed by the drag racing community and many others.

A GIANT in motorsports has passed.

It'll probably never be known how many he stimulated , advised, and supported.

A great loss to the racing world as a whole- Mr. Herbert made a huge impression in the world of motorsports. His legacy will will forever be imprinted on the world of speed and his spirit will be missed.

R.I.P.

Qur Thoughts and Prayers are with the Herbert Family. Chet Herbert was a great mentor to the Drag Racing Family and will be deeply missed.

Sad, truly a great loss.
The man was a true Legend and Innovator who really cared about the sport.
I have had the honer of working with Lou Novotny and the late Billy Williams to develop a very unique engine Chet created all by himself on a computer over 10 years ago. We still run that engine competitively today in a few TAD's for match racing and it is one incredible piece of engineering! Doug and family I'm sure are very proud of all of the accomplishments Chet has had over his many years. Thoughts and prayers to the Herbert family.
-Dennis

Sad, truly a great loss.
The man was a true Legend and Innovator who really cared about the sport.
I have had the honer of working with Lou Novotny and the late Billy Williams to develop a very unique engine Chet created all by himself on a computer over 10 years ago. We still run that engine competitively today in a few TAD's for match racing and it is one incredible piece of engineering! Doug and family I'm sure are very proud of all of the accomplishments Chet has had over his many years. Thoughts and prayers to the Herbert family.
-Dennis

I help some guys on a top sportsman car with a Ford Hemi Head he
built on his CNC machine.
After a few versions it currently makes just over 1400 hp and runs
7 teens in a 2400 lbs car.
He will be missed.
RIP Chet

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back