Cheaters Or Hard Workers (1 Viewer)

nitro-trucker

Nitro Member
Now that most agree pairity is back in PS are the other guys cheating or working hard. Since Greg & Jason's #'s havent fallen off and the others have caught up. A lot finger pointing went on before and I was just wondering

Obviously everyone else is working harder.Look at Allen Johnson and V. Gaines...those 2 cars have vastly improved,Allen's car has been very consistant and his Dad Roy is making big power.The only thing that has stopped Vieri is his lights,if he'd been halfway killer on the 'tree in some of his races,he' already would have had 3 wins this year.

Obviously everyone else is working harder.Look at Allen Johnson and V. Gaines...those 2 cars have vastly improved,Allen's car has been very consistant and his Dad Roy is making big power.The only thing that has stopped Vieri is his lights,if he'd been halfway killer on the 'tree in some of his races,he' already would have had 3 wins this year.
Your right V and Allen have improved greatly. They are right there with Anderson and Line.:D

Your right V and Allen have improved greatly. They are right there with Anderson and Line. Also Larry is right there also.:D

Pro stock racers are hard workers. If not the drivers, then the builders and crew.
Don't accuse anyone of cheating unless you absolutely know something.

I don't think "Working Harder" is the proper term to use here. No one works harder than Warren on these things. I think what happened was GA just worked alot smarter than the rest. He got involved with the NASCAR teams and learned alot more about how they put things together. All of the other teams started paying attention to what his teams were doing, it just took a while to figure it all out. Notice how his car left the field behind a few years back, but hasn't seen any real performance improvement to speak of this year. Not since NHRA made "spec" cars out of them.

Anyways, that's my opinion, so it must be right!:D

what Lance said is probably very true..... they just worked smarter.
(and have the financial backing to do what they do)
someone will inevitably work smarter than the summit team, but
probably not tomorrow - Jason, Greg and team still seem to be
showing the way.

Not since NHRA made "spec" cars out of them.

Anyways, that's my opinion, so it must be right!:D

I AGREE 100% Remember back a few years when (I forget who) was DQ because his "wrist pins" were too light! Now as you say they are almost like the Super Class... every moving engine part must weigh a certain weight... Sure they say well some people can't afford light weight parts.. :( then race in Comp... or SS

I agree 500ci but if a PS engine builder wants to design his own 4 valve heads... I say let him go for it...

Same in TF & FC What ever happened to the TF Engine someone was trying to develop (McGee) or something like that.. I don't think he got too far.. but he "TRIED" now its not even permitted..
Granted the rules now make for very close racing.. but leave out much room for "ingenuity" on the part of engine builders..

Wouldn't it be a shame if "you or I" designed a 500ci motor but the pistons were oval and not round.. but it made an extra 30 hp... (I'm way off the deep end) but just trying to make an example...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here's a website that tells the story of that motor.

Here's a neat picture of McGee, Gary Beck, and Dale Armstrong checking out one on a dyno.

Dave thanks for the link... it says EXACTLY what I mean..they had a "NEW" idea... and here's what happens..

>>Unfortunately the long hours and innovative engineering they contributed to the sport of drag racing were wiped out by the stroke of a pen when NHRA mandated that all top-fuel teams race with one engine configuration, and be limited to 2 valves per cylinder <<

Last edited:
Back to the original question... I got into numerous 'heated' arguments on a different site during last season defending Greg & Jason. (I've since seen the light & post almost exclusively on the Mater.) Today, nobody says anything about Pro Stock - funny isn't it? I never believed they were cheating, just had the right combination figured out ahead of everyone else - mainly due to funding & timing. Just like Glidden dominated fr a while, Warren for a while, etc. Who's next?

For 3 years, I've watched my favorite team get dragged through the mud, called every name in the book. Everyone and their brother "knows" Greg and Jason are cheaters. If that's so, then everybody in P/S today must be cheaters too. :rolleyes:

Pro stock racers are hard workers. If not the drivers, then the builders and crew.
Don't accuse anyone of cheating unless you absolutely know something.
I agree 100%.
I seem to remember when I was street racing many moons ago (I'm not an advocate of street racing as it's now a mortal sin), that the idea was to just beat the other guy, don't anialate him.

I have some anecdotal evidence as to why the Summit Racing Equipment Pro Stock team is so dominant.

At the Autolite Nationals in Sonoma just over two weeks ago, I got up a little before 6 AM to go for my morning hike around the track. By the time I reached the Pro Stock pits adjacent to the staging lanes it was about 6:15.

And what did I observed at 6:15 AM on Saturday of a national event? All the Pro Stock teams pits were as quiet as a church mouse... except for the Summit camp. At 6:15 AM they already had their pits set-up and were unloading the cars as I walked by.

That episode proved to me why they have been kicking everyone's butt the last few years!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back