Chad Head to drive for Dad (1 Viewer)

For quite a while, Jim was saying that he was ready to retire from driving, and put a "young gun" in the seat, as long as that young gun brought some cash to the table.

After we lost Scott, he was openly re-thinking that, saying in one interview that he wasn't sure he wanted to be responsible for another soul.

He must be rethinking it again. I read this as Jim's gonna go slow as far as putting Chad in the seat, and let him gain experience before tossing him into the deep end of the pool

You gotta figure Chad learned a lot at the Al-Anabi organization, and will bring that knowledge over to the Head operation.

This could get interesting! :)

Didn't sound like Jim was necessarily done driving. Or did I read this wrong?

Sounded to me like Jim was still going to be the regular driver of the car ... Chad is going to upgrade his license in the pre-season and MIGHT drive a limited schedule. This sounds much more like Chad taking over the family business and team from an ownership perspective, which is pretty awesome for Chad.

Sounded to me like Jim was still going to be the regular driver of the car ... Chad is going to upgrade his license in the pre-season and MIGHT drive a limited schedule. This sounds much more like Chad taking over the family business and team from an ownership perspective, which is pretty awesome for Chad.

Chad has already upgraded his license after the Vegas race.

Jim has been running a limited schedule for a few years now. Sounds to me like Chad will be running the same limited schedule.

Chad has already upgraded his license after the Vegas race.

Crap ... I knew that. I guess I have subconsciously blocked out all the goings-on at Vegas since I missed that race. The Monday after the race at Vegas 2 is one of the best days to be at the track anytime, anywhere!

Jim's the best. Met him during his involvement with Elmer Trett.

One year at Pomona, Jim gave us a ride out to our car in his golf cart. On the way out, He told us that the security guards came by and told him that he had to be out of the track by a certain time as that was when they were locking the place up.

Jim told them to do what they had to do. He had a cutting torch in the trailer and would have no problem leaving when he was ready to go.

check out m. rebilas toyota photo blog from nats., incredible side profile shot
of new paint job last weekend on head racing toyota. this body and last one (predominant blue) have gotten
away from using the 3-sided star that jim has had on his race cars (usually next 'Head') for as long as i can remember.

NHRA U.S. Nationals

That "3 sided star" is actually what an engineering drafting scale looks like on end.

Used one all the time until I made the move to CADD in 1987. I still have it somewhere.....:confused:

David,
have one sitting rite in front of me, never dawned on me that was the profile.
still use it even now, but not as much as years ago.

Last edited:
David,
have one sitting rite in front of me, never dawned on me that was the profile.
still use it even now, but not as much as years ago.

I still have all of my drawing instruments. Circle templates, triangles, compasses, french curtves, etc. not exactly sure where they are in the basement. Never got rid of them though. Maybe I should take them to work, and put them on display. Kind of like those old medical instruments you see in doctor's offices.

wrong again - there's a photo blog from indy over on DRC that shows the
triangle shape centered prominently on hood of new paint scheme.

I still have all of my drawing instruments. Circle templates, triangles, compasses, french curtves, etc. not exactly sure where they are in the basement. Never got rid of them though. Maybe I should take them to work, and put them on display. Kind of like those old medical instruments you see in doctor's offices.

There it is staring right at me, I never knew it.

star.jpg

We still use these alot in Civil Engineering... when we have to drop a layout of a road on a conference table at a meeting, we use it to scale off distances quite a bit.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back