CATALYTIC CONVERTERS ON A PRO STOCKER? (1 Viewer)

Negatory on the KFW. :)
But there’s 11 herbs and spices…… 01C1F2F1-3D4D-4858-95E8-0582B48D8BFD.jpeg

You sure about that? I've always been told the first stage of modern 3-stage converters consists of a Rhodium/Platinum grid that breaks down NOx emissions.

Look. This idea will be a long time coming if it indeed comes to pass. And emissions from drag racing vehicles probably don't even contribute 1 millionth of 1 percent to the overall total. But it could be a powerful symbolic move, showing that the drag racing community doesn't just thumb its collective noses at clean-air efforts.

Negatory on the KFW. :)
Symbolic moves might put you in their cross hairs.

Symbolic moves might put you in their cross hairs.
I wouldn't advise implementing them preemptively for the reason you just mentioned but a contingency plan in the event some Dudle-Doo-Right at the EPA takes notice would be wise - and it sounds like that's exactly what Latino is doing.. planning for an uncertain future.

Personally I believe we'd see a leaded gas ban before we'd see mandated Cats.

Anyone remember when a big muffler manufacturer sponsored the big show headquarters and suddenly mufflers were mandated on the masses. Later, when the sponsorship went away, so did the mandate to use them?

Anyone remember when a big muffler manufacturer sponsored the big show headquarters and suddenly mufflers were mandated on the masses. Later, when the sponsorship went away, so did the mandate to use them?
Yep all too well. Wasted a lot of money (to me) doing "R&D" I didn't need or ask for, and it screwed up my program for a while until I finally said F-it - let 'em try and put the meter on me! Never happened as far as I knew to me or anyone else. :mad:

I don't recall the sponsor deal but I recall Borla mufflers showing up on everything so I assume it was them.

It's all a bunch of BS. I get it that Latino owns a business in that arena, but it seems a rather slippery slope he really ought not be meddling in, unless he is a lefty mole in disguise.

Catalytic converters cause more oxides of nitrogen in our atmosphere. The greenies always forget that you might fix one thing but cause another problem. C02 is used by trees, oxides of nitrogen cause acid rain and groundwater pollution. They also make ammonia and hydrogen sulfide.
With all the outcry about cow farts and how we need to stop eating beef to save the planet, I think whales are the real problem. They are huge, they eat tons of stinky fish, and when they let one rip it has to be more methane than all the cows combined… so we need a franchise of Kentucky Fried Whale restaurants
Its about balance. We generate tons more CO₂ while we've also removed more greenery than ever in human history. More of the gas, but less photosynthesis happening. While I won't question your chemistry, you totally left out the laws of thermodynamics and entropy. The planet WILL try to seek balance, whether its at the detriment of humanity or not. Anything we can do to mechanically help restore balance is only better for us as a people. Now if you're of the ,"f them kids" camp, carry on and let them deal with it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back