CATALYTIC CONVERTERS ON A PRO STOCKER? (1 Viewer)

Interesting, I'm very happy with how PS is now, I don't want it to change, but I agree with what Sean said. it is also smart to get ahead of the curve. I've wondered in the past if they would switch to unleaded. Best to do so before they are forced to switch.

Last edited:
In opposition against these climate cretins, I’m going to the Smithsonian and dump nitromethane on their…. what? When? Ok , they’re telling me Big Daddy already did that….
4E55DE09-BBE9-4EA9-9CDD-0B051E88624E.jpeg

Drag racing’s a National Treasure folks… protect it!

Last edited:
I'm actually scheduled to go to the Smithsonian very soon, does anyone know if the Garlits car is still there? and if so, which museum . . . . is it me or does the guy in the cockpit look like Elvis ?

I'm actually scheduled to go to the Smithsonian very soon, does anyone know if the Garlits car is still there? and if so, which museum . . . . is it me or does the guy in the cockpit look like Elvis ?
I believe that is Garlits nephew in the seat. Garlits put him in the car to work the throttle, so they could get
a better header flame picture. I think the photo shoot was taken around midnight, love how they watered
down the area for the shoot, to give it that mirror look.

Last edited:
I was there over a decade ago and it was no longer on display. I don’t know about now, but something like that shouldn’t be tucked away in storage where no one can view it. We have enough iconic cars hidden in private collections.

looks like they might have put it in storage;

A Material World: Swamp Rat XXX​

October 20, 1987 – February 5, 2003
1st Floor, between Material World and Road Transporation

Noble effort but I’m pretty confident that you could end all motorsports today and not have that big of an effect on overall co2 emissions with everything else that humans do.
Did you even read the article? Its not so much about air pollution at a race, but showing the world, the EPA, the OEMs, the lay enthusiasts, and aftermarket haters that if a cat is properly designed, it can make all the torque and power an engine maker wants, and still reduce emissions.

Catalytic converters cause more oxides of nitrogen in our atmosphere. The greenies always forget that you might fix one thing but cause another problem. C02 is used by trees, oxides of nitrogen cause acid rain and groundwater pollution. They also make ammonia and hydrogen sulfide.
With all the outcry about cow farts and how we need to stop eating beef to save the planet, I think whales are the real problem. They are huge, they eat tons of stinky fish, and when they let one rip it has to be more methane than all the cows combined… so we need a franchise of Kentucky Fried Whale restaurants

Last edited:
Catalytic converters cause more oxides of nitrogen in our atmosphere. The greenies always forget that you might fix one thing but cause another problem. C02 is used by trees, oxides of nitrogen cause acid rain and groundwater pollution. They also make ammonia and hydrogen sulfide.
With all the outcry about cow farts and how we need to stop eating beef to save the planet, I think whales are the real problem. They are huge, they eat tons of stinky fish, and when they let one rip it has to be more methane than all the cows combined… so we need a franchise of Kentucky Fried Whale restaurants
You sure about that? I've always been told the first stage of modern 3-stage converters consists of a Rhodium/Platinum grid that breaks down NOx emissions.

Look. This idea will be a long time coming if it indeed comes to pass. And emissions from drag racing vehicles probably don't even contribute 1 millionth of 1 percent to the overall total. But it could be a powerful symbolic move, showing that the drag racing community doesn't just thumb its collective noses at clean-air efforts.

Negatory on the KFW. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back