Capps turning left again.... (1 Viewer)

He did a great job. He rode around in 10th for the first 50-60 laps then started working on moving up. He was 8th on the last restart with two laps to go. I was impressed. He didn't look like he was over driving at all.

Talked to Bill McAnally and he was very happy with results. Not sure if he was happy about 6th place or the fact that Ron did not tear the fenders off.

how would you like that crow

I don't think a 6th place finish by Capps would qualify me to have to "eat crow" in a situation where he was in the best equipment money can buy and the best crew in that kind of racing. Your outlook is apparently different and I'll give you that.
Respectable. Yes. No doubt about that.
In Late Model racing a podium finish qualifies you to have had a great night. Period. Its real brutal out there in that game.
He probably pocketed around 300 to 400 bucks for that 6th. He, Napa or the promoter probably spent several thousand for the occasion (and we all think that drag racing has a steep cost). That is a "rental ride". Available to anyone who shows the $$. Next time they run that car, someone else will likely be in the seat. Someone with $$. Thats the way McAnally operates and rightfully so.
All in all a good effort by Capps and team. If he decided to do it regularly, he would no doubt be a winner in his first year.
As I stated in my post. I meant no disrespect to Capps. Its a tough game in that deal. To come out of it with a 6th is pretty good.;)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back