There's no holding back capps; he takes to the oval again this weekend in madera, cal (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]CARLSBAD, Calif. (April 22, 2009) - It's a known fact that NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge Funny Car driver Ron Capps will pretty much race any type of car that is offered him on any track surface available. And when he's invited to do it to benefit a worthy cause, he rarely hesitates before saying yes.

On this upcoming off-weekend from the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series in which he leads the Funny Car point standings having won three of the first six national events, Capps will drive the No. 51 Race for Autism Late Model car in the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Western Late Model 50-lap feature on Saturday, April 25, during the the NASCAR Camping World Series West NAPA/TOYOTA 150 event at Madera (Calif.) Speedway. He hopes his efforts will raise awareness towards the fight against autism.

He will also make an appearance on Friday, April 24, from 1-2 p.m. PT at:

NAPA AUTO PARTS
Genuine Parts Company
3887 N. Blackstone Ave
Fresno, CA 93726
(559) 490-0199

"There is a film production group that has been following me and my family around since last year for a reality show they are working on," said Capps, of Carlsbad, Calif. "They followed me to the Mini-Sprint race I did with my former teammate Gary Scelzi and also up to Roseville, Calif., for the Camping World Series Late Model race I ran in Bill McAnally's car last year.

"They've been wanting to get a little more footage before they finish the show so they approached me about racing in Madera this weekend.

"It turns out it's another Camping World Series points race, which is great, because I'll be able to cheer on Eric Holmes, my NAPA teammate who drives for Bill McAnally Racing. but I won't be in one of Bill's cars this year. I'll be driving the Race for Autism car for a great cause.

"It's a weekend off from NHRA drag racing for me, and it should be a great event," said Capps. "I don't get too many weekends off and the chance to race the NASCAR series on the West Coast is something hard to pass up. And to have the opportunity to drive a car to raise awareness to find a cure for autism gives me a chance to show my support for this cause.

"As I did last year in Roseville, I'll be racing against some of the best drivers in the country," added Capps. "Not that I don't expect to win, but I'll do what I did last time and try to stay out of trouble and do the best I can. The main thing is to raise money for this cause."

The Race For Autism car will be on display from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. on Friday, April 24, at the above-mentioned NAPA store. The NASCAR Camping World Series West NAPA Auto Parts Toyota of Bill McAnally Racing and driven by division points leader Eric Holmes will also be on display.

Capps' next NHRA Full Throttle event is in Madison, Ill., outside of St. Louis, Mo., at Gateway International Raceway, May 1-3.

Attachments

• DSC04240[1].jpg
    DSC04240[1].jpg
    38 KB · Views: 8
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back