Capps Top End... (1 Viewer)

No I can't tell the full story... first of all, it isn't my story to tell, but second of all I think I purposely forgot the details right after it was told to me.

Sorry if it is TMI for some, but it was already made public on our show.

Again, this is not supposed to be a thread to make fun of this scenario... rather to be a serious subject for the guys out there racing in the sport. I guess just be aware, please.

You are right Crash, but the information may save another driver from having the same thing happen to THEM!! With Holding :D this information could cause serious injury to another competitor, and render him useless as a potential donor... :p Did it POP?? :eek:
Well anyway, I hope the ACE and numb nut win the Championship groing away this year... :)

Last edited:
Them? Unfortunately due to another drag racing incident, it is not a 'them' issue. He made that quite clear in one of our radio interviews a couple of years ago...

... which is sort of why I brought up this thread in the first place... it's a serious issue to the guys out there! I don't understand sometimes (maybe fortunately) how we don't hear of more serious problems week in and out.

Wow, so Capps is a ridgling? That makes me cringe just thinking about it!

I thought this a real-names-only board? Should we address you as Ms. Gladys?

:D

True... just not there... yet.
Tom..LOL.. ridgling..oh man I ain't heard that for 30 yrs..LOL.. ridgling..LOL My eyes are watering right now..that's classic.

Alright then, let's just put this back on the serious track..

Crash, Hunny..let's talk babies..:D

Seriously x2..I'm glad Ron's ok.

if he goes on to win.....ACE may kick him in the GROAN every week.:D

Now that's hilarious!! This may also explain the problem they've been having with the car pulling to one side. Capps is heavier on one side than the other!

I was going to say they have a pulling problem, but didn't want to touch that.....dang it....there it goes again!

I can only imagine the ribbing he got back in the pits. Next race they'll be selling Capps Cupps or something.

Being as a crotch belt is pretty much always in the same spot I'm surprised this doesn't happen mroe often

Ol Ron had me sweatin.... Thought he would need some "Brute" to take the pained look off his face :)

CRASH- What the Clutter?? :D
There is a guy on here with a middle name of the REALTOR... Parents must have had high expectations... I miss my Crash... :(
Next thing you will tell us, LUGG NUTZ is not his real name... :mad: Talk about not making my day... :)
This BLOWS!! I thought we had an agreement, OUR first 2 born were going to be named BANG and BOOM!! Luv Ya Doll...

Last edited:
I read a few months ago that most, if not all, pro football players don't wear a cup - it's cosidered being a wuss. Me, I always wore one (a small one, but that's another story ;) )

Trying to get back to the original point of the thread...

Brett

OUCH! I was wandering why he was kneeling down after he got out of the car. Now THAT is some serious pain right there. I'm glad Capps made it to the finals and win.

Our drive had that happen to him said it hurt like he11.

Bagged at 300 mph

Lanny

Last edited:
Slid forward in the airplane seat too fast once. Similar result.

Nad injuries are real funny until you're the victim!

I talked to Ron yesterday... he's fine, he'll be driving the Godfrey & Gaynor "Oblivion Express" Nitro Nostalgia flopper at the Tucson Dragway Reunion at SIR on Friday and Saturday in a Chicago-style funny car shootout.

ZH-Capps.jpg

Capps, with his win at the Gatornationals sits No. 2 in NHRA POWERade points and No. 2 in Nostalgia Funny Car Association series points after his No. 1 qualifier position at the recent March Meet.

Roland Leong will be tuning the new replica of the Bubble-up/Pacemaker Firebird.

Be there!

http://www.NostalgiaFunnyCarAssociation.com

Last edited:
Hmmmm....yep, I heard about that somewhere. ;) Good luck, Ron! GO ROUNDS! Um, but save some for Baytown! :D

Oh God, Now I could see it in the official NHRA rulebook. All male driver must wear a SFI 42.0 cup in section 16 under 10:12 :D

-Mike
"Have a Nitro Day!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back