Brendan Murray BOOMER (1 Viewer)

Hate to hear things like this... Thank God Brendan is gonna be OK. He's always been a huge encouragement to me and an inspiration to never give up.

Dale,

Thanks for the up date on Brennan. I just got in from the east coast and read the posting here and on the flamer. I'm glad he is doing well. It sounded like a nasty situation. I was on Blanchards crew when Uhara hit the guard rails and it takes the safety guys awhile to asses the situation before they start moving the car around. That is not always a good thing, especially when it comes to fire.

It sounds like some of the folks helped get the car and parts in Brennans rig so that He and Karin wouldn't have to worry about that part of it. Thanks to those folks that thought of Brennan and helped out!

Im just a huge fan of drag racing. After reading so many people posting attacks on Troy Crichley and then I read your joking around about someones pain, it was just a lil much for my taste. I do not know Brendan, I am relieved to hear he's doing better thank I would have expected after getting burned. I guess Im thin skinned. After reading all the responses about this, your comments were appropriate, I didnt realize the best medicine is laughter in this particular situation until it was pointed out to me, thanks for taking the time;)

Im just a huge fan of drag racing. After reading so many people posting attacks on Troy Crichley and then I read your joking around about someones pain, it was just a lil much for my taste. I do not know Brendan, I am relieved to hear he's doing better thank I would have expected after getting burned. I guess Im thin skinned. After reading all the responses about this, your comments were appropriate, I didnt realize the best medicine is laughter in this particular situation until it was pointed out to me, thanks for taking the time;)
Hug??.............. :D
Were good Suzanne, ;) and if there is one thing hun... I understand... :) Thank You

Last edited:
As of yesterday, Brendan is out of the hospital and he & Karen are on their way home to San Jose. He still will have a ways to go to heal completely and may require some skin graphs on his hands and forehead. Just thought you might like the update.

Thanks Ma. I appreciate the update. Good to hear Mr Guardrail to Guardrail is doing well, although the laughs subside just a bit when I hear skin grafts. That's some serious NOT fun stuff! Wonder where they are going to take the good skin? Not from his....nah, that can't be it!

I hope the bad part is over quickly for Brenden and again Ma, thanks for the info.

Last night (Saturday) Brendan and Karen called and they were were in New Mexico and well on their way home. They left my shop on Thursday morning so they are making good time and should be back in San Jose in plenty of time fo his doctor appointment on Monday.
The intake manifold was indeed completely gone from the engine and after the clean up crew got done we got about half of it back. Brendan's firesuit did the job as intended but was burnt through at least three layers in the worst places. The gloves were junk and had started to come apart at the seams, thus the burns to his hands. His left index finger is the worst with some flesh missing along with the skin and that area will definitely need a graft. He has plenty of blistering in other places, especially on his right thumb and finger where he attempted to unzip the jacket while the metal zip was still a little on the warm side.
Suzanne, you need to actually know Brendan to get his take on the whole incident. When we were with him in the hospital on Sunday night he had us in tears, not because of his injuries but from his description of the incompetence of the various personnel involved. After having to tell the top end safety crew to right the car and then to hose him down he had to ask a couple of times before they were willing to give up the ice in their cooler to chill his hands. And then in the ambulance the medic was trying to insert an IV while they were bumping down the road on the way to the hospital. After several missed jabs Brendan told him to either have the driver stop the ambulance or wait until they got to a stop sign. Finally just before he left my shop for the trip home I commented on the ointment slathered on his forehead and he said that he looked like a glazed donut. He figures that the scars will make him look tough in biker bars.

Roo

Suzanne, you need to actually know Brendan to get his take on the whole incident. When we were with him in the hospital on Sunday night he had us in tears, not because of his injuries but from his description of the incompetence of the various personnel involved. After having to tell the top end safety crew to right the car and then to hose him down he had to ask a couple of times before they were willing to give up the ice in their cooler to chill his hands. And then in the ambulance the medic was trying to insert an IV while they were bumping down the road on the way to the hospital. After several missed jabs Brendan told him to either have the driver stop the ambulance or wait until they got to a stop sign. Finally just before he left my shop for the trip home I commented on the ointment slathered on his forehead and he said that he looked like a glazed donut. He figures that the scars will make him look tough in biker bars.
And that, my friends, is why Brendan Murray is one of my top 3 favorite Nostalgia T/F drivers!!! (Along with Jim Murphy and Mark Malde) Im glad to hear he is alright! Hows the car? Going to be fixed and out before the end of the year again?

And that, my friends, is why Brendan Murray is one of my top 3 favorite Nostalgia T/F drivers!!! (Along with Jim Murphy and Mark Malde) Im glad to hear he is alright! Hows the car? Going to be fixed and out before the end of the year again?
Mark who?? :eek:
Yeah that Murphy guy is badass... :cool:
Mendy Fry is my favorite... :D

Don't worry Suzanne, you didn't know sweetie... :)
Speedy recovery with a quick turnaround Brendan...

I heard there was NOTHING left of his intake on the car, that the burst panel didn't even factor into it.

i can tell ya from personal experience when you hang an intake valve on an actively running nitro motor... everything from that valve up becomes a burst panel. we had a similar event but it was at the hit and it blew the manifold into little bitty pieces. i was really surprised at how catastrophic it was. definitely heightened my respect for the yellow stuff. i can't imagine it on the big end like brendan's ordeal... scary!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back