On-Board in the Nitro Madness AA/FA (1 Viewer)

Spanky

Nitro Member
did a little testing at the Outlaw Fuel Altered Race in Denton, Tx this past weekend at NorthStar Dragway. If you've never been to an OFA event they put on a wild show and are a great bunch of guys/gals and NorthStar is a beautiful track with a great staff!

Disclaimer:
Gotta say this isn't my regular in-car cam... so have to apologize for the quality. BTW... hang on cause IT IS a 'perfect fuel altered run' (and yes the headers were fine) :)

For Real/Quick Player:
http://www.spankycuts.com/images/denton0003.AVI

For Windows Media Player:
http://www.spankycuts.com/images/dentonqual1.wmv

You know Sean, since you are driving Randys old ride, we expect a weekend report from you. Congrats on getting to drive the Nitro Madness AAFA. Hope you guys did well in Denton.

Sean,

Congrats on the ride! Looks great. Tell Scott and everyone hello for me. If you all come to KC, I'll have the BBQ ready. Come to think of it, we're going to bring the smoker along when we come to the WFAN in August.

That wall gets close in a hurry!!!!

Crazy stuff.
yeah it was coming up quick... i was tryin hard to make a run of it cause i know how hard it is to qualify the the OFA boys cause they're all so darn fast! no harm no foul... and thank god no scratches or sparks :)

You know Sean, since you are driving Randys old ride, we expect a weekend report from you. Congrats on getting to drive the Nitro Madness AAFA. Hope you guys did well in Denton.
it's not randy's old ride... it's my new ride :) lol (just givin randy some grief) actually gotta give randy big props cause he called saturday afternoon to wish scott and i and all the team the best of luck. randy's is A-1 in my book :)

as for the stories... pictures are worth a thousand words! i'll give little updates but mostly in pictures (maybe a few captions) cause i know lots of folks enjoy scott's nitro madness magazine and following the team

Sean,

Congrats on the ride! Looks great. Tell Scott and everyone hello for me. If you all come to KC, I'll have the BBQ ready. Come to think of it, we're going to bring the smoker along when we come to the WFAN in August.

greg, greg, greg... we're practically neighbors man! i'm from shawnee, ks so i'm sure you will see us at kcir from time to time for some testing. and i'll still be out with my metal mafia car to make some nitro runs! and AMEN on good ole KC BBQ!!!

while i'm rattlin on here i gotta say this was my first outing with scott and peggy gaulter, larry bailey, randy clough, and the nitro madness car.... and man what a great team. i've match raced against them and always enjoyed trading friendly ribbing and trash talk... and alway thought they were a great bunch of guys. i'm really excited to join our teams together and enjoy the camaraderie of drag racing!

gotta say i'm feeling like a pretty blessed and lucky man ;)

Better watch it Sean, you have competition for the drivers seat..lol We'll definately see you at WFAN if not before.

IMG_1225.jpg

Greg... OH BOY! ur in trouble man! i think my parents have a few pics of me sitting in a race car as a kid 'dreaming of how i'll spend my inheritance' haha lol!

Jean... thanks for the well wishes! much appreciated. i know it will take people a little bit to get used to seein me climbing between the rails but it'll grow on ya, cause it's already growin on me :)

Sean,

Congrats to you, Scott, and the boys for making the trip to Denton and playing with the OFA guys. I will second Sean's thoughts on those OFA boys are as good as it gets and just making the field is an accomplishment.

Sean is a good driver and is super with the fans. It was a easy deal to support him taking over the driving chores. He is 1st class and not only that, a hell of a lot of fun to hang around. Go meet him if you get the chance. :cool:

I can't wait to have both of us racing together at the same event like when we match raced. He is probably the only guy in the world who likes to trash talk before the races more than me. :p Besides,,,he cheats! :D

Good luck guys,

Rapid

Randy, Randy, Randy... brother it ain't trash talkin.

I'm not that kinda guy. I just like to give you advance notice of the thrashing you are in for!!!

As the saying goes Randy.... A picture is worth a thousand words!!

SSCN0005.JPG

haha... how's that for trash talk?? lol!! :p

Last edited:
Sean it was great to have you guys in Denton. It was truly a driver's race as everyone was slippin' and slidin' down the track. You need to talk Scott into coming out to play with us more often.

Mike I can't leave you guys alone for a minute can I? :rolleyes: I saw that photo yesterday, Sean should have Scott put that on the handouts!

John, watch out for Sean, the boy can drive in my opinion, of course I say that because I taught him all he knows. ;)

However, I didn't teach him everything I know!!!!! :p

Eric, have the video camera ready when we line up against each other, lane markers will only be suggestions, first one there wins!! :eek:

Rapid

Sean it was great to have you guys in Denton. It was truly a driver's race as everyone was slippin' and slidin' down the track. You need to talk Scott into coming out to play with us more often.

John and the Punisher Crew... man it was sooo good to be back out with the OFA! really miss all the teams and great folks. we were trying hard to get it down the track... had to 'wrastle' (<--southern for 'wrestling') that thing off the wall :)

John, watch out for Sean, the boy can drive in my opinion, of course I say that because I taught him all he knows. ;)

However, I didn't teach him everything I know!!!!! :p

Rapid

ha ha!! lol!!... only thing randy has taught me is how to dodge the cones he was always shootin over into my lane!!

damn randy... i love flippin you trouble man! really lookin forward to crossin paths with you again at some events. have to admit i will miss the nitro madness vs metal mafia trash talk battles... i know that was always so fun

So is the first meeting at the NostalgiaFest at Cordova?

And you can bet the cameras will be rolling the minute we hear you guys get called to the lanes. Should also make for some very interesting interviews...lol

sean may of got close to the wall but i got closer haha and put the better show one my header flames were every bit of flames haha nice to finally meet you sean and you better show up more often

picture.php

Last edited:
Chris how did the check out run in your new car go? We had to get on down the road before you ran. My Mom and Dad were pretty excited after my 4.12 Sunday. We are all still on Cloud 9.

sean may of got close to the wall but i got closer haha and put the better show one my header flames were every bit of flames haha nice to finally meet you sean and you better show up more often

Chris... hey man it was so good meetin' you and your dad. i sure hope we get to bring the nitro madness car out to some more events. i know we'll see you when you come up north to Mo-Kan.

gotta tell ya man... i was suited up in the lanes when your 'show' was taking place on the track and i got sick to my stomach when i heard it was you and especially when i heard there was a fire. i know we all stick our necks out when we get in one of these cars but it really heart breaking to see a fellow racer involved in an incident. i breathed a big sigh of relief when Eric came and told me you were OK!

i'm sure you're already planning on getting things put back together... are you gonna be able to fix that one up or do ya gotta start from scratch?

btw chris... pm sent.

Edit: chris do me a favor and tell lurch to quit draggin his knuckles :D

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back