Brendan Murray BOOMER (1 Viewer)

The only report I got, was that he was awake and alert with singed eyebrows and a firesuit full of poo... :eek:

Really hope he is o.k. after all that... :)

The only report I got, was that he was awake and alert with singed eyebrows and a firesuit full of poo... :eek:

Really hope he is o.k. after all that... :)

thats not even close to funny or a jokable situation when someone gets burned. I need to take a break from this garbage being spewed lately at all the drag racing message boards.

This is part of what I got off another site.

"Brendan called me late last night from the OSU Medical Center. He is fine, but may stay there a day or two.Brendan has blisters on his hands, a little around his torso, and around his eyes and forehead. That is what he told me, and that is what I'm passing on."

Glad it wasn't a lot worse.

thats not even close to funny or a jokable situation when someone gets burned. I need to take a break from this garbage being spewed lately at all the drag racing message boards.
Suzanne
I know Brendan, and we race with and against him all the time in NTF, so if you will excuse me for giving you details on his condition, and sliding a bit of humor in to what could have been much worse, but thankfully was not... Then I apologize to you...

Thanx for the link Patrick.
Glad to hear Brendan is ok.

And Suzanne, please stick around. Ray is like the fun-loving class clown around here.
He means no harm, just a a little rough around the edges.
(but he is sanding them down as we speak :p )

Knowing Brenden the way I do we'll ALL be in for some great stories about this at CHRR in October. Sounds like he was ok after the mess but he'll definitely have some new 'I've been on fire from...' stories. Even Brenden will get a laugh and take some ribbing about the effects of nitro on a big block Chevy. Get well soon Mr. 'Guardrail to Guardrail' excitement! Those who know him will certainly understand that!

paints a pretty clear picture pf why they put the engine in the back!! :eek:

but cheers to the real men you drive with the engine in their lap....the way it's supposed to be :D

Knowing Brenden the way I do we'll ALL be in for some great stories about this at CHRR in October. Sounds like he was ok after the mess but he'll definitely have some new 'I've been on fire from...' stories. Even Brenden will get a laugh and take some ribbing about the effects of nitro on a big block Chevy. Get well soon Mr. 'Guardrail to Guardrail' excitement! Those who know him will certainly understand that!
Maybe we can get him to run with the hotdog in his mouth trick... :eek: :D Those things can be quite scary, but one thing is for sure... The NTF teams know how to have fun... :p Thanks for painting that picture of Brendan, Darryl... You have to know the players to understand... :)

And thanks Paul, very funny... I could use some experienced help around here... Maybe I can find another mater besides you... LOL

I'm sorry you had a bad weekend Suzanne, and took it out on me, which I understand... But you did not know the whole story behind my ill timed joke... I'm Sorry

Last edited:
paints a pretty clear picture of why they put the engine in the back!!

but cheers to the real men you drive with the engine in their lap....the way it's supposed to be
Hey Mikey
Ever hear of one of the best shoes out there with the motor in HER lap?? Mendy Fry... :D Sorry Jim Murphy :eek:
But I gotta go with the cute one... :eek:

Murphy kicks everyones ass anyway...
That car thunders like no other... See you soon Jim... :)

What's insane is this borrowed from classicfunnycarboard.

"Something to learn from is this. He said the car went off the end, dug and tipped over nearly upside down. The safety crew that arrived first were kinda shocked at what they just saw, and stood there wondering if he was ok,, having a conversation about it while brendan was yelling at them to roll the car upright. Once they got a clue and did that, Brendan jumped out and told the guy with the hose to spray him down as he was quite hot (the zippers in the firesuit were still burning him). The guy proceeds to just start spraying Brendan's boots, while he is yelling to "spray me down, I'm hot".

Eventually Brendan grabbed the hose and started doing it himself."

iB::Topic::brendon murry,bad fire at nhrr

The guys who moved the car said the cage was still too hot to put their bare hands on, but these folks let him just sit in there!

Looks like some of my postings have made it over here. Any information I pass on is straight from Brendan.

I just talked to him again a few min ago, and the swelling has gone down around his eyes where he can finally see again. Nothing major,, just some typical trauma. He did say that the first guys down to him in the sand trap seemed to be a bit lost on what to do, as if they have never seen or been around anything like this. And it is apparernt that a ball might have been dropped with regards to having the fireguys briefed and prepared for such an incident. No doubt, this is being reviewed and will be prevented in the future.

On a lighter note, Brett Johansen, Tom Shelar, Walt Stevens, Troy Green, and the rest of the Mastercam/Silverthin gang paid our boy a visit yesterday. No such visit would be complete without some appropriate gifts; Sesame Street Pampers, eyebrow pencil, fake eyelashes, oven mits, and burn cream in the form of BBQ sauce.

Hopefully he will get released today. He said he feels fine, is without any pain, and hasn't needed any pain meds. This is all good, and the safety equipment did it's job considering the severity of this fire. When the blower lifted, it vaporized the intake manifold; it was no longer around. That let 14 qts of oil to come out from the top of the motor, and that is what really created the fire that got him; not the initial fireball from the explosion.

Hey Mikey
Ever hear of one of the best shoes out there with the motor in HER lap?? Mendy Fry... :D Sorry Jim Murphy :eek:
But I gotta go with the cute one... :eek:

Murphy kicks everyones ass anyway...
That car thunders like no other... See you soon Jim... :)

Sure have Ray.....i met Mendy a few years ago up at Union Grove while my dad was driving a fuel altered and she was there as well....she's a cutie for sure!

Looks like some of my postings have made it over here. Any information I pass on is straight from Brendan.

I just talked to him again a few min ago, and the swelling has gone down around his eyes where he can finally see again. Nothing major,, just some typical trauma. He did say that the first guys down to him in the sand trap seemed to be a bit lost on what to do, as if they have never seen or been around anything like this. And it is apparernt that a ball might have been dropped with regards to having the fireguys briefed and prepared for such an incident. No doubt, this is being reviewed and will be prevented in the future.

On a lighter note, Brett Johansen, Tom Shelar, Walt Stevens, Troy Green, and the rest of the Mastercam/Silverthin gang paid our boy a visit yesterday. No such visit would be complete without some appropriate gifts; Sesame Street Pampers, eyebrow pencil, fake eyelashes, oven mits, and burn cream in the form of BBQ sauce.

Hopefully he will get released today. He said he feels fine, is without any pain, and hasn't needed any pain meds. This is all good, and the safety equipment did it's job considering the severity of this fire. When the blower lifted, it vaporized the intake manifold; it was no longer around. That let 14 qts of oil to come out from the top of the motor, and that is what really created the fire that got him; not the initial fireball from the explosion.

The BBQ sauce made me laugh. :D

BBQ sauce and eye brow pencil is only the beginning for poor Brenden. He will be hearing about this one for months, if not years. Once everyone knows you're ok the harassment reaches a FEVER pitch!

Yeah, look at the lighter colored plume of smoke at the bottom and the black colored one that rises.

I'm glad Brendan will be ok..whew..you could hear that kaboom in the video..damn.

I'm a little bewildered as to why the safety people didn't react as quickly as they should..I'm assuming they were in a little shock as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back