Brainerd 2024 (3 Viewers)

In the 70s we many times ran our BB\FC at pints meets in AA/FC, many times we would go a couple rds.
Also did that at times at Union Grove, Broadway Bob loved it.

So what can NHRA do to fix it, bad economy equals low car counts, I it would great if you could answer that
Car counts were an issue prior to the "bad economy".

I'd be curious of the correlation between the number of NHRA "Official Partners" and car counts. Lots of company names scrolling on the bottom of the NHRA page that aren't adorning a race car.

Or companies like Amalie pulling their Top Fuel sponsorship, parking a full time car, but still sponsoring the Gatornationals.

My two cents, anyway.

Car counts were an issue prior to the "bad economy".

I'd be curious of the correlation between the number of NHRA "Official Partners" and car counts. Lots of company names scrolling on the bottom of the NHRA page that aren't adorning a race car.

Or companies like Amalie pulling their Top Fuel sponsorship, parking a full time car, but still sponsoring the Gatornationals.

My two cents, anyway.
When someone takes a potential sponsor to NHRA to be approved as an official sponsor (No Hustler Magazine {It's been tried}) NHRA really leans on them saying instead of just getting a few seconds coverage they can get coverage for the whole Meet - Season - Etc.. Companies really look at ROI in todays world. Also a lot of sponsorship is B to B or personal involvment with someone related to the Primary people on the team. Also I think the Tax people have made it less attractive to potential sponsors.

Yes, that was impressive. But she isn't a rookie by any means.

I don't recall off hand - whose team is she a part of?
To be honest, I don’t know about her team.
I was referring to her taking advantage of every opportunity being earned so far in the race.

Quote of the Day:
WFOJoe: What's been different with this team, this past year, you've found such consistency?
Jim Head: Maybe, I got my head out of my ass, I don't know.
😂

That's a great win for the Jim Head Funny Car team today.

I wonder if Jim's quote really is more or less what has happened to improve their performance after all these years? Or, does Alexander get involved in the tuning?

I wonder if Jim's quote really is more or less what has happened to improve their performance after all these years? Or, does Alexander get involved in the tuning?
Head has a reputation of trying to rotate the earth every time. Sometimes you have to go slow to be fast

Absolutely agree. That is the kind of final round that I like. Head’s car has been really strong this weekend. Loved it, loved Pro stock final. Top fuel final, not so much. I turned it off right there. I can’t stand to sit through the interview and ceremonies.

Head has a reputation of trying to rotate the earth every time. Sometimes you have to go slow to be fast

I don't recall reading that about Head. But I do recall years ago reading that he was more interested in "building a better mousetrap than winning races". In other words, he enjoyed innovating and improving on existing designs of the race car and its' parts, more than going rounds. But NHRA has pretty much legislated out being innovative. The cars are so complicated that even if Alan Johnson gives you his tune-up, just dialing in the car for each round based on the track and weather conditions is a major science in itself.

At any rate, it's always more interesting to have some different winners like Head once in a while, especially when they don't back into it, but win on performance.

had opportunity to briefly meet joe maynard, ida zetterstrom, and their whole crew saturday night.
was on top end for TF E1 to watch Ida's holeshot win against torrence, then a bit of a test for E2 bye, and then the big ole' red light, against a problem run by langdon.
she was beaming after E1 win, totally dejected after E3 loss. she felt it all on her debut weekend. will be routing for her and team the rest of the year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back