Brainerd 2024 (2 Viewers)

saw the drone being used everywhere. was on top end fence friday, and drone hovered right in front of the big atv/finish line crowd. that shot ended up on the fox tv show.
judges was the same great fun. fireworks the same. place seemed the same packed to me. never heard any numbers. this pic is friday. saturday IMO was the most packed day.
was in sportsman pits saturday, and watched first few pair of nitro cars from base of tower; looking across, the bleachers were as full as i've seen them in any recent year.

Attachments

• Friday.jpg
    Friday.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3608.JPG
    IMG_3608.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
there were women's leggings for sale on souvenir row. laughed out loud when i saw dollars in them. the next day i put a dollar in them again 😄

Attachments

• IMG_3565.JPG
    IMG_3565.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 96
this gal was doing jenga with another guy. they got this tower about as tall as you can get it before it finally toppled ...... sat afternoon hwy 371 traffic jam turning into track.
pulled in friday around 1pm. no line on hwy, no wait at ticket booth. everything was smooth. then it rained which sure sucked for the sportsman racers.

Attachments

• IMG_3596.JPG
    IMG_3596.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3574.JPG
    IMG_3574.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
The red light, double step, hole shot nationals.

Still can’t believe Brittany(loser) got the interview after round 1 instead of Clay(winner). They’re barely hanging on to the tenth spot for a reason people! Let it go!

pulling up for Q1. not sure why they had pros using turn for staging, and not using the designated staging lanes which are flat
and car not sitting at angle

Attachments

• IMG_3563.JPG
    IMG_3563.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
stock quarter finals. ron feist with bye (fairlane on far rt. of pic), brian anderson won 99' camaro a/sa ......... chamber of commerce day yesterday,
but it was HOT! (for MN)

Attachments

• IMG_3603.JPG
    IMG_3603.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3615.JPG
    IMG_3615.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
hear report that staging lanes were full at 9am this morning. track is gonna' get really hot again today for testing.

Last edited:
had opportunity to briefly meet joe maynard, ida zetterstrom, and their whole crew saturday night.
was on top end for TF E1 to watch Ida's holeshot win against torrence, then a bit of a test for E2 bye, and then the big ole' red light, against a problem run by langdon.
she was beaming after E1 win, totally dejected after E3 loss. she felt it all on her debut weekend. will be routing for her and team the rest of the year.
European Top Fuel champ - I'd say she's likely to win a race here before long. Just gotta tweak her car for a little more oomph and a little more consistency. E3 should have been hers; Ashley would have been a tough customer in the final.

super stock: larry hodge runs PERFECT pass in E2 on saturday. once in a lifetime deal already. then yesterday in super stock final
runs .003 r.t. and breaks out by .004. what a heartbreaker! in other lane jason deforrest runs .038 r.t. and .000 dead on for win.

Q2 friday night looked like the perfect recipe for 6's in TF to close the day. i think parts of the track just never came back after all the rain
earlier in day. last few pair were high with anticipation, but big numbers just weren't in the cards that session. only 14 TF'rs there. totten was either
a no show, or was there and didn't compete?
after decades of the same thing, the pro pits were configured differently this year, and IMO for the better. JFR and Elite had primo spots.
outside edges lined with racers. inside a combination of racers, displays, an area for the nitro bikes, and the juniors. all in all i thought it was
thought out and executed very well. bravo to whoever changed it up. hope somebody somewhere maybe has aerial pics from this years event

think i heard wilkersons were going to test a new chassis today. they sure had a rough weekend.
quadra bros. made history all three of them advancing first round.
wondering if VP fuels will stay with Ida Z. into next year? (i think sunoco's nhra contract is up next year too?)

Mike, I posted this on another thread. That's what I get for not reading this first. arghhh

screen capture from nhra fox show, now on youtube ....... and '73

Attachments

• BIR_2024.jpg
    BIR_2024.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 68
  • Brainerd_1973.jpeg
    Brainerd_1973.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 68
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back