Brainerd 2024 (1 Viewer)

pretty sure it's too late if someone doesn't have lodging figured out.
luigi should have backed out two weeks ago and given someone else a chance to figure out their logistics.
nhra should have a policy about backing out at last minute. it hurts their show and reflects poorly on them.
And what kind of policy would that be? Why penalize guys who are struggling to get out there already?

it's not his fault. nhra allows it to happen. racers are independent contractors not associated with NHRA. until they are tied together
in some fashion (sharing money), this has the potential to happen. maybe a policy against withdrawing late is not the best answer.
more E1 loser money would sure help.

Last edited:
it's not his fault. nhra allows it to happen. very few folks on this site seem to mind TF and FC byes on sunday. it lessens the show, IMO quite a bit.
fans at a summer multi-band summer rock or country show. 10 or so bands booked in over the weekend. one or two of them don't show.
certain percentage of fans say to themselves, 'i really wanted to see those two bands, paid a lot of money to see them, not sure if i'll come again next year'
So what can NHRA do to fix it, bad economy equals low car counts, I it would great if you could answer that

new SCAG wraps this weekend......pretty cool

i know i'm going to take sum crap for this, but here it goes ..... it's pre-NFL regular season and nhra has sunday eliminations LIVE on the fox network.
this weekend there are approx. 25+ nitro burning dragsters on the property, yet the professional TF category will only eliminate 15 cars with a bye.
are bye's ok and it's only me that thinks they are so terrible? is there a way to allow nitro injected dragsters to compete when there are short fields?
the same could be said about FC, as hopefully there will be other nitro injected FC's

i know i'm going to take sum crap for this, but here it goes ..... it's pre-NFL regular season and nhra has sunday eliminations LIVE on the fox network.
this weekend there are approx. 25+ nitro burning dragsters on the property, yet the professional TF category will only eliminate 15 cars with a bye.
are bye's ok and it's only me that thinks they are so terrible? is there a way to allow nitro injected dragsters to compete when there are short fields?
the same could be said about FC, as hopefully there will be other nitro injected FC's
I don’t think there is a rule that would not allow a A-F car from trying to qualify, performance gap would big, no way competive, I would think it would not catch on

This is probably a dumb question but do some of the heavy hitter injected nitro dragsters have a backup car available? If they are there already and have a backup car, qualify it in the short TF field and hope for a super hot, slick track 🤷‍♂️ 🤣🤣🤣

i enter my nitro injected TAD in the TF as the 16th car. nhra lets me run, and they now have a full field on sunday. i am at a distinct performance disadvantage.
i run 4.8 something in 1000' and i have kept the #1Q honest, or maybe i pull a 'ron august' and i'm back for E2. i collect the same purse money as anyone else in the TF class.

hearing reports that a few bad apples have reared their ugly head/s in the zoo already this week, monday i think.
gross, negligent vandalism ....... some day it's all going to be gone. i sure hope not.

I don’t think there is a rule that would not allow a A-F car from trying to qualify, performance gap would big, no way competive, I would think it would not catch on
The very first sentence in the rulebook for Top Fuel Dragster states..."reserved for supercharged, fuel burning dragsters."

loving this livery. red, white, and blue VP fuels, comp cams, and edlebrock

Attachments

• IdaZetterstrom.jpg
    IdaZetterstrom.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
well, there you go. those darn rules always getting in the way
Mike
During my 65+ years in drag racing I have seen the AA/fuel car ownership get smaller and smaller. I have said for years that the AA/fuel class's will be a exhibition class someday. The big money ownership is getting smaller. someday Mike they will need injected fuel cars with all the same rules as todays AA/fuel cars. until then have fun. the generation's will change and the new era racers won't remember the past times of drag racing and will want to to race their cars that they can't find the motor under the hood. And some will be charging the batteries of their EV cars between rounds.
Larry Sutton---🤠

Last edited:
You also have to consider that TAD is still on a sportsman schedule. Even if the rules allowed it, the top tier cars are not always at national events because their schedule differs. I've said my piece about bye runs already, so i won't bore you all with it again.

Side by side burnouts. Pretty cool picture Brent.
Just once, I wish I could get a pass so I can take ground-level, up-close pictures of Big Show cars on the track.

70 degrees forecast for when Q2 begins this evening. Could be a fast one.

An A/FD filling in a short field in Top Fuel? Works for me but the first time one of them wins a round, I smell trouble.

Track is pretty wet right now, hopefully the rain is done and can get some racing in.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back