BP, Castrol, and JFR. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube - Papantonio: BP, Does Their Conduct Rise to Manslaughter

Lawrence O'Donnell substituting for Ed Schultz talking to Mike Papintonio.

Manslaughter charges for BP exec's! Yeah, right. This sort of corporate behavior will continue until the exec's responsible are prosecuted for criminal behavior.

Where are the stories about the families of the 11 dead from this accident? Just wondering.

Thought I'd give you all something to talk about!

-90% Jimmy

Like I've said before, all our Institutions are failing us because they are all run by SOCIOPATHS!

When I read some of these comments, I understand why my students have so little interest in politics, as opposed to public service (they are involved in all kind of service to the college and community). Too many of these comments seem to reflect political preconceptions-I'm not going to quote any because I don't want to single out any one individual. Here's what I think should be done-first try to stop the leak, while at the same time trying to prevent as much damage from the leak as possible. Second, we need to find out what caused the blowout and what can be done to improve that. Third, why did the safeguards in the case of an accident not work? Fourth, were their things that could have been done, but were not (I've heard that a piece of equipment that costs a half a million dollars and is required in the North Sea but not in the Gulf of Mexico could have prevented a leak in the case of the blowout, but that's what I've heard and I don't know if it's true.)? In other words, what I personally would like is some cold hard facts concerning what happened and right now we don't have a lot of those. I understand because of the politics on both side of this issue and because of the interests of the oil companies and the environmentalists, getting the cold hard facts and analyzing those facts in a dispassionate manner is not going to be easy, but that's what I'd like before we jump to conclusions. Now it's back to asking anyone if they have live timing working for them today.

(This wouild be the tongue in cheek and somewhat serious part here)

Mr. Ring, you sir are in great danger of hitting the time out corner with the rest of the lot!:D

How many damn times must everyone be warned, told and brow beat that facts and verifiable proof have no absolutely no place in this society anymore. Rumor and innuendo carry much more weight. Sad really.

You cannot just rest on fact, truth, and science anymore. That means nothing. There is no story or drama in having proof and fact. See there I just told you so, so it must be true. What in the hell is wrong with you? :D

You sir are just like those other malcontents running around spouting facts and sporting common sensical attitudes. The likes of which I remind you are Newman, Hartmann, Tony, Reinhart...and the list goes on and on...oh you must be real proud to be in their company... For shame sir, for shame!:p

Have you not heard? The sky is indeed falling! We are all doomed! Run for your life.

BTW good luck this weekend!

(for those cannot tell... serious tone and inflection change ahead)

And Dave, spot on with the plan. FIX the damn leak and worry about the rest afterward. Stop all this namby pamby crap already.

And lest anyone forget 11 people died in this mess. Remember them and their families and maybe even give a little thanks to them for giving up life for nat gas and oil so some folks can drive 1978 Volvo wagons belching smoke, wear burlap underwear, and tell us all how to live.

Last edited:
It IS a shame.

It IS what I have been trying to talk about.

I think , as stated in the article, "priorities"............have changed.

REX

Rex, the decision to change tack on the Bray naming rights sponsorship was a shame, but it was a business decision and Castrol will remain as product sponsor and providing technical assistance - the technical assistance what Victor has publicly stated as being the most important part of the relationship over the past near-20 years.

As an FYI, Castrol has increased its involvement in V8 Supercars here in Australia this year, and I believe it also recently extended its naming rights sponsorship of the biggest drag racing event here, the Castrol EDGE Winternationals.

(I've heard that a piece of equipment that costs a half a million dollars and is required in the North Sea but not in the Gulf of Mexico could have prevented a leak in the case of the blowout, but that's what I've heard and I don't know if it's true.)? In other words, what I personally would like is some cold hard facts concerning what happened and right now we don't have a lot of those.

Dave
You make a lot of good points. The only thing I want to comment on is this segment. I don't know if this qualifies as cold hard facts, but you can take it for what it is worth.........
The device in question is another option to activate the BOP. The problem with that is the BOP has a great deal of redundancy built in already. Reports indicate the BOP was manually activated but failed to shut offthe flow. The automatic systems also failed to shut off the flow. Finally, the ROV was unable to shut off the flow. They "flipped the switch" but to no avail. There are two (or more) scenarios which could explain this. The BOP did not close at all or attempted to close but could not crimp(cut) the drill pipe that was in the hole. Either way, the device in question ($500K) would still be "flipping a non-working switch"...........:)

You continue to miss my point.....The numbers you are referring to "if the well blows out" ?????????? (And this is what I called you on)
!) are not conservative
2) are estimates
3) are wacko :)

I am not sugar coating this incident or looking through glasses (rose or otherwise). It is a terrible event that does not need ENHANCEMENT.

BP admits higher leak rate: 2010 Gulf oil spill now 20 times worse then Exxon Valdez

Ahem.

Wacko........eh?:cool:

Whhhhhhhhhhhat-evaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

REX

Actually, that should read, "Flogging a dead SEA Horse";)

Really, seeing that Mel had made an inference that I MAY be.......well, crazy (I am, but I like to keep that a secret....), or perhaps gullible......

Far from being humble, I reverted to my basic human instinct for pettiness and revenge:)

And upon reading todays news, I decided I'd stuff it up his nose.

Virtually anyway.

Sorry Mel, nothing personal, just getting even;):D

REX

(and the chance it could blow out and dump 10-12 times what it is losing now) and rounds Florida's coast, sorry, from what I am reading and hearing, BP is toast.

REX

You just couldn't resist........Your post from May 11th.

The first error is that the well "Blew out" April 20th.
The second error involves the numbers you quoted. The numbers are estimates and have been revised, both ways repeatedly. That does not mean it is spilling more oil or less, just the estimates are being revised.
The third error is that BP will be toast.............;)

The second error involves the numbers you quoted. The numbers are estimates and have been revised, both ways repeatedly. That does not mean it is spilling more oil or less, just the estimates are being revised.

I mean........you are seeing and reading the same things I am ......Right?

YIKES!!!!!!!?????:confused::eek:

OK. This is going nowhere. errors?

God, Your 'spin' is sooooooooooooo good.

You have a clear future in politics...................

Congrats.....

REX

BP/Castrol

Anyone think the current situation in the Gulf and financial costs from it might effect current and/or future sponsorships?

Re: BP/Castrol

Anyone think the current situation in the Gulf and financial costs from it might effect current and/or future sponsorships?

Well, some 'eggheads' (or 'head') don' thin' so.:rolleyes::cool:

They spend their time naysaying and being obtuse :)

Yeah, BP, despite a stock increase today, is finished.

We have an "Exxon Valdez" every eight days now (WACKO??????:cool:)

I digress.

30 days from now.........we will see............

REX

AHEM.........:cool:

REX

Point the finger and blame who you will.
Those of us that live here are in trouble on every measurable economic issue.
The Gulf will never be the same. No one knows what the total damages will be. Hurricaine season is upon us. I cannot imagine anything like Katrina with an oil base storm surge. Picture what we were the next morning only add an oil coating to it all.
Gloomy outlook you say?
It's not out your back door.
Prayers required.

Point the finger and blame who you will.
Those of us that live here are in trouble on every measurable economic issue.
The Gulf will never be the same. No one knows what the total damages will be. Hurricaine season is upon us. I cannot imagine anything like Katrina with an oil base storm surge. Picture what we were the next morning only add an oil coating to it all.
Gloomy outlook you say?
It's not out your back door.
Prayers required.

Charlie, I agree!!!!! I only have one thing to say!!!!!! BP doesn't have enough money to replace what they have destroyed... In my HUMBLE OPINION, the US government needs to tell BP. GET YOUR **** and get out!! You no longer have an license to operate here. OSHA, needs to lock their plants down., including any drilling they are involved in.

Charlie, I agree!!!!! I only have one thing to say!!!!!! BP doesn't have enough money to replace what they have destroyed... In my HUMBLE OPINION, the US government needs to tell BP. GET YOUR **** and get out!! You no longer have an license to operate here. OSHA, needs to lock their plants down., including any drilling they are involved in.

OH, and by the way, if it means JFR losing his sponsorship to help pay for this.
Tuff ****. Go back to driving a truck. This pisses me off!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater