BIR owner dies (1 Viewer)

I was shocked to hear of this. I met the man several times while working SCCA and Trans Am events. Super nice guy.

RIP Jed. 😟

I am genuinely worried for the track’s future.

So sad. great guy, just one of us with a fatter wallet. Loved to party with us and do the things we all wished we could do. He did it because he loved it, but also for the rest of us to experience too. RIP Jed

Jed was a great guy. He could blend into the crowd, and unless you knew him would have no idea he was the owner. He took pride in his track, and loved to have fun with the crowd. Who else would arrange to have a jet car brought out to the zoo and light a bonfire with it? RIP Jed, BIR will never be the same.

Quick Jed story- A few years ago I built a 1/4 scale radio control funny car and brought it up to BIR. I ran it around the pits some, and thought it would be cool to bring it up to the starting line just to take some pictures. I knew that would be risky with the security up there, but what the heck. So some friends and I go up to the line with the car, and are taking some pictures when a security truck comes flying up. Party's over. Then we realize it's Jed. This could go ether way.

Jed- "Hey guys.. Who's car is it??"

Me- "Ah, it's mine Jed."

Jed- "Ok. Does it run?"

Me- "Yeah, it runs"

Jed- "Well fire that puppy up, I want to see it go!"

Me-"Like, on the track?"

Jed-"Heck yeah man whatever you want to do!"

I fired it up and ran it a bunch, that was pretty cool.

Jed is here in the picture.

Jed was a great guy. He could blend into the crowd, and unless you knew him would have no idea he was the owner. He took pride in his track, and loved to have fun with the crowd. Who else would arrange to have a jet car brought out to the zoo and light a bonfire with it? RIP Jed, BIR will never be the same.

Quick Jed story-
<snip>
Jed is here in the picture.

Great story, Paul! I was there with you that day and I remember it well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back