Bazemore dnq! (1 Viewer)

I didn't get to see the whole show but unless I missed it, they didn't show the 2 quickest runs of the 3rd round T/F(Dixon and Bernstein side by side):( They did show a lot of "other stuff"......what gives?:confused:

Wait till your guy goes rounds on Sunday and gets no air time. Other stuff=fluff.

Last edited:
I also agree with you Deby, a little too much Zoo... I love seeing people having a good time as much as the next guy, but it was a bit much. It is like the race has become secondary to the Zoo and to some people it looks like that is the case.

As I understand it, some of the folks in 'the Zoo', dont' even come to watch the races. The Zoo is the event. :(

As I understand it, some of the folks in 'the Zoo', dont' even come to watch the races. The Zoo is the event. :(

I know at the Texas Nascar race, half the people camping out dont even go to the race, they party the whole 4 days and watch the race on tv with a bunch of other campers. What does that say about Nascar ticket prices? If you go to a Nascar race you wont ever complain about NHRA's prices thats for sure. I dont see how families can go anymore.

I know at the Texas Nascar race, half the people camping out dont even go to the race, they party the whole 4 days and watch the race on tv with a bunch of other campers. What does that say about Nascar ticket prices? If you go to a Nascar race you wont ever complain about NHRA's prices thats for sure. I dont see how families can go anymore.

And still have over 200.000 in the stands for the race.:confused:

I don't understand why they got so much tube time after the dnq. They are not a factor in the title run -- have not been ever! Give the tv time to someone who should have it, not a team that could not make the show.

I'm on the fence with your post Roger. Whereas you're right that Whit's Matco team hasn't been in the title hunt themselves this year, they have certainly been a 'factor' in shaping the title hunt for others - Just ask Ron Capps, whom he's beaten twice in the last three or four races - once in the first round!

Whit sells, period. Log onto any Drag Racing message board & you're going to find thread after thread - some for, some against & some both, about Whit Bazemore. How many Jim Head threads do you see? Bob Gilbertson? Tony Bartone? Joe Hartley? Heck, how many posts on the Mater right now for Jim Head, who just went a couple rounds on Sunday? We discuss them ocassionally, but not like we discuss Whit. Heck, we talked about Gilby's new Cadillac more than we discuss his on track performance.

So it appears you're asking ESPN to cover someone other than Whit, but for the most part, we're not even willing to discuss them here... Interesting.

Senior Chief,

Just read your post twice.

Overall, it's still about the MONEY. JFR has it, DSR has it, Knoll, Ken Black/ Summit... CSK, Conrad's teams... Snake, somewhat, but you noticed how they got 'blown off' all day. KB/BB and Bud has it...

NHRA and ESPN2 know who their stars are... Whit not making a show is news, and the "Entertainment and Sports Programing and News" network knows this.
That's why Whit got the coverage, bottom line.

Karl,

That was the point I was essentially trying to make - it's always about the money.

But consider this... Gary Scelzi, the reigning Funny Car champ only got interviewed after his semi-final race & that was it. Of course, we did get to see him during his weekly "Scelzi Says" deal, but that was it - unless I missed an interview somewhere?

Even still, you're absolutely right - money buys TV time, whether a team is struggling or winning. Tony was on TV every day when he was mired in mediocrity earlier this season & maintains equal billing now that he's dominating again.

You guys should have heard the crowd go nuts when Rick was giving him the cut sign... The crowd was more loud for that then when Shoe went 4.49 :eek:

But consider this... Gary Scelzi, the reigning Funny Car champ only got interviewed after his semi-final race & that was it. Of course, we did get to see him during his weekly "Scelzi Says" deal, but that was it - unless I missed an interview somewhere?
He was interviewed after his first round win over Cruz.

Michele, the starter didn't get him, a leaky oil filter got him. I would hate to have seen him make a run with the oil filter leaking. That could spell disaster. Just my 2 cents worth.:)

Ron, I hear ya, but I think you read too much into my post. I just meant that I would rather see him racing down the track and getting beat, than to have the starter pull him off for some issue with his car. That sucks for any racer/team. Especially when they haven't made the field.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back