Bakersfield Sept. 16th Fuel Altereds!!!! (1 Viewer)

OK folks, some slightly cooler weather(yay!) is rolling in. Should be a good show. I think there is somekind of a display or wing-ding of some kind tonight Thursday featuring the race cars. Not sure where.
WWW.WINGEDEXPRESS.COM
Posted by ken on Wednesday, September 13 @ 08:07:22 PDT (3 reads)

AAFAMOUSE writes "I though I would let you know that I will be at the Drag races this Saturday at Bakersfield, so if you are there, stop and say "Hello". I will be riding around on my cart.

I will be at the CHRR with the car, which won't be ready to run, so I will bring it so you can see were it's at. Just a roller I hope, but will have it there one way or another.

MOUSIE"

Last edited:
OOwee, I just got in from Bako, it's almost 3am.
Bako was not 100*+ today!!!!
The gates opened at 4:30pm, must've been 65*. Real nice turnout of people!
There were about 10 altereds there. Of those, maybe 4 of those were blown on nitro.
First round was 7:30pm, the DA could not have been more than 800ft.
I took a bunch of pics, but my cam began having malfunctions. It now refuses to power up for more than 2 seconds. I'll see if tomorrow I can save some.
Got plenty of video(analog tho).

Dale Pulde tuned his machine to a.....
5.75! A new track record. Car has 2 mags. MPH was 218 I think. ??? It was the loudest car there, had the most flame, the most pop and cackle.

Another car clocked a 236 MPH.

Mousie Marcellus was in attendance, good to see him.

Well, the cars did not run for another 3 hours later, at 10:30pm.
By this time, not many were left in the stands, as it was downright cold...in the 50's I would guess.... and everyone was in cut-offs and flip-flops. In that session, maybe 2 cars made it down the track. Everyone else got out of shape. Pulde's car hurt the engine pretty good this time out.

National dragster challenge cars were running thru out the night. Mostly doorslammers in the 9's and 10's.

I don't know if the altereds came back for more passes, I and most everyone else left at that point....around 11:30pm. I doubt it tho.

It's a young event and hopefully will get better.
It should not be scheduled the same night as the governor's cup race(Sacramento raceway) as they had alot of nitro cars, jet cars, nostalgia cars etc etc...
3 hours between runs is abit much also.

Here are some random pictures in no particular order.
The track entrance from famoso road

aafafamoso.jpg

aafa3.jpg

aafa2.jpg

aafa7.jpg

aafa1.jpg

I have more featuring on track action. Will post soon....

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back