Article & Photos of Test Session (1 Viewer)

My favourite times on this board was when you, Karl, Martin and I would do commentary whilst we listened to the audio cast and did our best Steve Evans, Dave Mac and Bob Frey impersonations. Great times that I definitely miss on race weekends. Y’all are good peoples. Hope you’re resting well up there Karl. And Ray, love and prayers for you brother. Martin, stop being unproductive 😝
...those were great days Michael... Da Kid was Da Man...

Thanks for the info Timothy. I sure hope Wild Horse has more shows this year. Would love to see nostalgia funny car & dragster, Pro Mod, stuff like that. Anyhoo, glad new management is there now.

Guys I also remember those times of the play by play. Very entertaining with all the Nicknaming.

Unproductive?!!? LOL o_O

I have five screens on three diferent computers going AND been on the phone all day :D Reinhart will tell you, the only reason Im not up there in person is because I have three tours kicking off in the next two weeks; BUT I have the 52" dedicated to the live stream, and I multi-task like a PRO!! :cool:

Cruz's squirt was impressively stout; they may have something for everyone come Pomona, based on the half track hit.

Head has the new body on in the lanes.

Scrappers is in the water and fired up

Hi Cliff:

First off - HI MATERS....i'm alive and well and would like to join you to provide some insights (along with Jeff Wolf) on the happenings at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park. As many of you may or not know, I am working part-time at WHPMP as the timing system operator (along with operating my online marketing company Lumin8 for the past 7 years). I've been in the tower since October of last year and really enjoy my time with the team. I know that some of you might have a negative perception about me since I left the "Mater" back in 2010 based on what you have "heard" - well as they say, there is always two sides to every story, but some things I simply can't excuse or explain except for to admit I made some mistakes - and have paid the price. However, I have picked back up the pieces and have placed myself and my family in a better position. I wanted to let you all know that a lot has changed over those days, and I'm in a much better place So - now that the intros are done - let's provide some info.

The Pro Stock Bike that has been making several 7.70'ish runs is Jianna Salinas - Mike's daughter. She is riding one of the Stoffer's PSM's - which is set up rather soft so she can get some valuable seat time. In fact, one item that we've done is to set up the Christmas tree to replicate another "bike" in the lane - so she can work on staging with another competitor. If you watch the video, you'll see one of our starting line officials - (also named Tim) tripping the beams. Jianna has been doing a great job and learning more with each lap. Their plan was to make about 20 laps over the week - and steadily improve performance as she gets more comfortable.

Anyways, just wanted to provide some insight for you guys.

Timmah, years since we corresponded on YB.

3.905/ 327.35 @17:51 Friday for Langdon, candles lit all the way down in the fading light of the day

G'night all... Thanks CPTV for the great coverage; the only thing missing was getting the sunburn....

Jeez Mike , that is touching dude. I've had 2 shirts to send you. The same one you were caught famously in. Figured after 10 years you are due a new one. Still pristine to this day! Get me a US shipping address for when you are here. Or I'll book a seat and send them. I hope that You and Sis still work the pits together. And Martin may be in Amsterdam for all we know with a few day's between shows. Otherwise I agree, Martin stop being so unproductive. lol

Mike - what is this churn you mix nitro in that you speak of in American ...

A lot more names are on that list of broadcasters as you know - and I miss all of the participants.

I'm sorry that I deleted most if not all of those threads.

Take care everyone.

Ray,

I don’t know what to say but thank you so very much! I, as you know would absolutely love a fresh one and appreciate it very much. Funny that you mention it, I actually wore that one I was famously caught in at the Winters yesterday to the track. I was meant to be back in Cali this week but now I am not sure when I’ll be back. We will figure something out and I am more than happy to put some money in your account for the shirts and postage to here. We shall talk in the PM’s.

My sister is still crewing, she will be crewing on our friends outlaw nitro funny car today (Saturday). Thankfully the hot weather has cooled off and instead of being in the high 90s it will be in the mid 70s today. I was crewing on a top fuel motorcycle but left the team. I will be working on a couple of other fuel motorcycles very soon. The churns would be considered a jug? Basically the same thing you see all the crew pour the fuel out of into the fuel tank :)

I believe even Tim Charlet was another member of the commentary team amongst others - great times! I still have a couple of those MS Paint drawings from those times - will post them up later when I get home from the track.

Keep well, brother and we will speak soon and always feel free to hit up my message box.

Unproductive?!!? LOL o_O

I have five screens on three diferent computers going AND been on the phone all day :D Reinhart will tell you, the only reason Im not up there in person is because I have three tours kicking off in the next two weeks; BUT I have the 52" dedicated to the live stream, and I multi-task like a PRO!! :cool:

That is very impressive! If you ever need an offsider I am your man - I’ll help control the racing side of the operation 😂 I believe I have asked you this many moons ago but do you ever come out to oz on any tours? If so, we must grab a drink sometime or if all of us are in So Cal at the time of the Winters or Finals have a catch up.

Cruz’s car btw did look like it was on a mission. So far from testing I think J.R., Hight and Langdon are going to be tough to beat in FC and I agree Cruz might ha e something for them - that hit was looking real strong! Father and son and dem Capco boys are going to be hard to beat but the Scrappers team, Vandergriff and the Kalitta cars will keep them honest as will Scott Palmer and Brit. Clay looks to be struggling, sadly.

Bring on Pomona :)

...those were great days Michael... Da Kid was Da Man...

That they were Tim, and you were definitely in the mix on those calls. We had a pretty good a-team! Da Kid was definitely the man. Hope you are well.

That they were Tim, and you were definitely in the mix on those calls. We had a pretty good a-team! Da Kid was definitely the man. Hope you are well.

Thanks Michael. Today was a long one - but tomorrow should be pretty quick for those testing - assuming weather holds off.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back