Anyone here ever done a driver interview?? (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
I'm thinking about interviewing a particular now-retired professional drag racer. I know this person, and I could offer some interesting questions. I think people here would enjoy reading it. Problem is, first of all I've never done an interview before; but more importantly I have no means of "hosting" it or putting it on the web anywhere in a text format - unless I was to just post it here as a thread. Anyone have any tips or advice?

Stick to the subject that is at hand. Try not to go off into what he was doing with the blonde at the bar last week. What he is doing now and history are good question. Once you get the balling rolling the question will just flow. The tough part is if he is a stiff and you ask him how things are going these days and all you get is "good" Going to be a long one.

I'm thinking about interviewing a particular now-retired professional drag racer. I know this person, and I could offer some interesting questions. I think people here would enjoy reading it. Problem is, first of all I've never done an interview before; but more importantly I have no means of "hosting" it or putting it on the web anywhere in a text format - unless I was to just post it here as a thread. Anyone have any tips or advice?

I don't think that you could go wrong asking him/her who the craziest or most colorful competitor that he/she raced against. I love hearing those stories.

Yeah, the questions are no problem for me. I'm looking for some "technical" help more than anything - should I record it then type it out later, a good place to post it online?, how long should it be, etc. I just don't know how these things are put together. I would be doing it by telephone.

Cnris,

You should record it, for a couple of reasons, first you will have it to refer to should you type it up later, and second you would have an exact record of what was said should you ever need it. Unless you want to be like a couple of guys I know and just make up quotes that sound good to you-LOL,

Alan

Ask question that require more then just yes and no answers. That way they have to elaborate. By doing so you may also come up with other questions that you may never thought of asking.

When your all done, submit it to Draglist.com and see if they are interested in hosting it for you.

Cool! Some good ideas. I guess worst case I could post here as a thread. My next step is to call & set it up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back