Parks Interview on Comp Plus (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Did anyone read the Wally Parks interview on Competition Plus? I thought Comp Plus asked him some pretty good questions, it certainly wasn't a kid gloves interview by any means. I thought Wally had some pretty sharp, and well thought out answers for a man his age. You have to give Wally and Comp Plus both some props on that one.

Anyone know how old Wally is? I think he's in his 90's isn't he?

I like Wally but his last answer was stupid. Saying that NHRA isint trying to copy NASCAR but that NASCAR was trying to copy NHRA. How can he honestly say that the new pts system is not a ripoff from Nascar?

Thank you guys. But, talk about co-incidence...at the last minute I made a publishing schedule change and ran that article on Monday and only later in the day did I find out was his birthday.

I like Wally but his last answer was stupid. Saying that NHRA isint trying to copy NASCAR but that NASCAR was trying to copy NHRA. How can he honestly say that the new pts system is not a ripoff from Nascar?

I think you're twisting it a little different than Wally did. He didn't really say that NASCAR was copying the NHRA points structure. He just changed the perspective -- claiming that NASCAR was trying to copy NHRA by trying to change the face of their sport - trying to catch up in the fields of cultural diversity and female participation and trying to become more fan-friendly by opening up the infields.

On those points I think Wally was dead-on. NASCAR can learn a lot from drag racing in those areas... unfortunately drag racing has a lot of catching up to do in sponsor involvement -- and that's a lesson we can all learn from NASCAR.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back