anyone have an insight (1 Viewer)

since there is absolutely no physical or mechanical way to tell if some one goes in the tank for another driver, i say use the only weapon available and that is 'public shaming'. shove a microphone in Steve's or Billy's face and ask them every annoying question, regarding, possibly winning the championship on a 'gift'. Since the Torrence's fund their entire operation themselves, I'm sure at some point they will tell everyone to F* off, but other teams who rely on outside funding will have to be more specific. My point is, let it be known, if a team order is issued, then they must subsequently face the scrutiny of the audience! Pro Stock is made up of only two factions and its inevitable, some 'tanking' is gonna take place, so as soon as the incident happens, put the 'Tanker' and the 'Tankie' on the stand (TV) and make them all but admit what they did and is it fair to the Fans and other racers

Must of had to leave early to catch a flight to Italy.

Kudos to the teams that do line up and race heads up, which seems to be the exception these days and more and moreso as time goes on. I'm sure the sponsors are thrilled (outside the "owner self" sponsored cars). If there's anything thing that takes away from the professionalism of a sports it's diving.

Yeah it makes sense for the individual team but it hurts the sport imo.

Guys pro drag racing has changed and not for the better. I was asked years ago by the further world champion in top fuel what it would take for me to LOSE this round. I told him the only way I will lose this round is if the motor does not start. I told the owner Bob Richardson (rip) what was said and he told me it WILL start it did and I won that round. that was when drag racing was drag racing.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter and (real drag racer and ret.)🤠

So you took the tree and not the knee. Good job.

since there is absolutely no physical or mechanical way to tell if some one goes in the tank for another driver, i say use the only weapon available and that is 'public shaming'. shove a microphone in Steve's or Billy's face and ask them every annoying question, regarding, possibly winning the championship on a 'gift'. Since the Torrence's fund their entire operation themselves, I'm sure at some point they will tell everyone to F* off, but other teams who rely on outside funding will have to be more specific. My point is, let it be known, if a team order is issued, then they must subsequently face the scrutiny of the audience! Pro Stock is made up of only two factions and its inevitable, some 'tanking' is gonna take place, so as soon as the incident happens, put the 'Tanker' and the 'Tankie' on the stand (TV) and make them all but admit what they did and is it fair to the Fans and other racers
So, you want to piss off an independent team, that makes the decision that is in the best interest of the team.
It is their money and their decision.
You don't like short fields ether do you?
With a suggestion like that, you might get more.
Be careful about what you wish for...

Make the countdown eligibility top 8 cars, they run only against each other in countdown meets. The rest run their own ladder for a separate pot of $$$ (they get almost none anyway) to help the show and allow them to race. So then a rich team is less likely to run an extra car as a blocker just when the need them and sit out the rest.
not much incentive for anybody below #8 to show up. Today even #16 can get lucky and win. It has happened.

Well, since Billy is the Bank I'm pretty sure there were no ORDERS - just a decision and a really good one from a blocker car in my opinion. This isn't Kids Community Socker.

Chad Green is a full boat paying customer of Wilk. I'm sure it was understood by both parties that in that senerio it would be a heads up race. Billy Torence owns the entire Capco operation and Steve has the primary car.. Its early in the countdown and there was zero chance that Steve would lose that round. Nothing to see here, carry on.

So, it appears that no one here was at the race and has any first hand knowledge about what really happened. As usual, just endless speculation.

It was mentioned on the broadcast that Billy was essentially taking a knee for the team.

OK, thanks for clarifying. I was not able to watch the broadcast, but did follow the action on Drag Race Central.

I agree with the posters that mentioned that this is real odd in that this team has not been known to do this at all in the past, and as was noted, they have always raced heads-up previously.

I don't think Steve is going to be a big threat to win the Title this year. They should have left well enough alone and stuck to the tune-up that worked so well the past 4 years or so.

All this thread tells me is that Richard Freeman should park the Elite cars whenever they face Aaron and Erica. Surely nobody will have a problem with it, right?

All this thread tells me is that Richard Freeman should park the Elite cars whenever they face Aaron and Erica. Surely nobody will have a problem with it, right?
Doesn't have to park them. Not a snowball chance in hell any other Elite car will outrun her the rest of this year. And yes, we all know who will win when they line up.

In the past I don't think Steve has needed Billy to take one for the team. This year they need the help.

The competitor in me always hates it when it happens, the business side of me understands why it does

Doesn't have to park them. Not a snowball chance in hell any other Elite car will outrun her the rest of this year. And yes, we all know who will win when they line up.

But why even take the chance? From a business perspective it makes sense. /s

I look at it from the "team" angle.
CAPCO is a team one owner/sponsor
Force one owner several sponsors, one sponsor gets shorted.
Elite powers way too many cars, heck they have a 50% chance of winning as does KB and again each car has a different sponsor..

,,,,, and I know it's been brought up before,,,,, remember Gary Beck and Larry Minor? I was a kid when I watched that race but I kind of recall it being ok and expected for Minor to lose since Beck needed the points, they launch and didn't Beck's engine go silent and Minor coasted through the lights?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back